Posted in Architecture 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Founded in 1966, TranSystems is a multifaceted, national transportation-focused firm that provides consulting, engineering, architectural and construction expertise to enhance the overall transportation experience. Headquartered in Kansas City, MO, its nearly 800 professionals in more than 30 offices throughout the U.S. perform a broad range of services to all sectors of the transportation marketplace. Services are delivered throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to construction to long-term operations, maintenance and rehabilitation. We are able to draw on experts in all types of transportation modes to solve the most difficult and complex infrastructure problems that ultimately provide safe and efficient transportation solutions for the end user.
The Columbus, Ohio office seeks and roadway/highway project engineer to join our growing office.
The person will be a member of our highway division and will assist in various tasks including plan preparation, quantity calculations, geometric design, pavement marking/signing, drainage design, public involvement, report writing, specifications, cost estimates, and other related tasks. Candidates with a background in preliminary engineering and/or development of detailed plans and working with City of Columbus and Ohio Department of Transportation are recommended. The individual may also be called on to work closely with other teams on multi-disciplinary projects. The engineer will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects in a unique and dynamic work environment.
The candidate will manage other engineers and technicians to achieve completion of various tasks, as directed by the team leader and project manager and will also complete certain tasks independently. Depending on experience level, the individual may bear responsibilities as a project manager or deputy project manager. Microstation, Geopak, and MS Office and other design software will be used. AutoCAD is a plus.
•Preferred 5 to 10 years of related, in-field experience, including work directly or as a consultant for the City of Columbus (desired), Ohio Department of Transportation, local counties and municipalities.
•Candidates must possess strong technical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment on multi-disciplinary projects.
•Previous highway, drainage, and City of Columbus experience is expected.
•Ohio PE is desired.
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Analyzes information and data to perform routine design tasks.
2. Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and occasionally represents the organization in meetings to resolve important questions, and to plan and coordinate work.
3. Receives instructions from Project Manager or Senior Project Engineers as to the general results expected.
4. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
5. Responsible for accuracy of engineering design and plans, quality presentation, thoroughness and follow-through, and efficient conformance to budgets, schedules, and company standards.
6. Research design options and document findings for Senior Project Engineer.
7. Keeps Project Manager informed of workload and any changes in project schedule or scope or additional services.
8. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, depending on field assignments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TranSystems is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one that is subject to U.S. law.