Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Farmingdale, New York
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
Ranked #14 on the 2018 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Professional Engineer will support the Building and Construction business by providing Professional Engineering inspection for code compliance at various job sites and ensuring that Quality Control / Quality Assurance (QC/QA) is followed at all sites as required and in conformance with the job specifications. This includes inspections of all items under the New York City building code.
· Review, inspection to verify preparation and procedures as per contract documents
· Inspection of construction, for structural stability, building envelope, etc.,
· Perform inspections for mechanical systems, sprinklers, etc.,
· Sign off on applicable Technical Report forms
· Ensure that quality requirements are met on work sites as required and in conformance with the job specifications including, but not limited to:
o Structural components
o Mechanical and energy code
Bachelors’ degree in engineering (Civil, Structural, or Mechanical)
· Professional Engineering License in New York State
· 5+ years directly related experience in the building inspection field
· Experience in structural stability and geotechnical preferred
· Structural Welding Special Inspector (ICC or AWS) preferred
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
LI - LM