Posted in Manufacturing 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Houston, Texas
KIK Custom Products
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Job ID 2019-6027
Job Location US-TX-Houston
Posted Date 2019-04-25
As one of North America's largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods ("CPG"), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion dollar household and personal care ("HPC"), over-the-counter ("OTC"), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 29 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America.
KIK Consumer Brands - Household Division
Our Household Division ("Household") is the #1 player in North American private label bleach, and supplies private label cleaning programs to prominent American retailers. Although Household started as a small bleach plant in Concord, Ontario, we have since expanded to a network of 8 plants strategically located across the United States to efficiently manufacture a variety of cleaners for both hard and soft surfaces. . In addition to its private label portfolio, Household manufactures and markets Greased Lighting® and The Works® branded.
Essential Job Functions
- Possess the necessary skills to operate a filler along with but not limited to labelers, cappers, palletizer, case erectors, heat induction sealers, etc.
- Coordinate with Filling Master Operator line lead to ensure the right product is being ran
- Ensure raw materials (corrugate, caps, hot melt, bottles, and labels) are staged on line.
- Ensure bottle code is correct
- Perform basic troubleshooting on the assigned equipment.
- Perform packaging equipment size changeovers on assigned equipment.
- Perform start-up / shutdown procedures on assigned packaging equipment
- Perform wash down procedures on assigned packaging equipment
- Perform finished product and finished case on-the-line quality checks per KIK Manufacturing Quality Standards protocol
- Perform clean-up duties throughout the shift and post shift.
- Attend required safety meetings and participate in safety related programs when needed.
- Perform other duties assigned as required.
- Correct safety violations and write work orders.
- Be responsible for the safety and housekeeping in the immediate work area.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, Safety Standards, and follow all plant policies and procedures.
- Machine Operator experience in a Packaging/Filling industry
- Production knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Basic Mathematics skills of arithmetic and statistics, and their applications
- Possibility of working around unpleasant odours.
- Working in non temperature controlled environment
- Possibility of working around high noise levels, depending on location.
- Constant interaction with a variety of chemicals and chemical products.
- Must be able to lift 45lbs.
- Must be able to work overtime where necessary.
- Must be able to work in accordance with Health and Safety and GMP regulations.
ACareer with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.