Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
SARAH CANNON is the research arm of HCA's global cancer enterprise. Focused on advancing therapies for patients, it is one of the world's leading clinical research organizations conducting community-based clinical trials in oncology, cardiology and orthopedics through affiliations with a network of more than 1,000 physicians across the United States and United Kingdom.
We believe our success is dependent on a healthy work environment where staff members are the core of advancing therapies for patients and accelerating drug development. We apply the same compassion and commitment we have for our patients to our co-workers and colleagues and promote an entrepreneurial culture.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Process and ship pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic and all other samples according to instructions provided by study sponsor
* Prepare study supplies/source documents necessary for obtaining lab samples prior to patient treatment
* Utilize electronic medical record (EMR) for source documentation
* Maintain accurate freezer sample logs
* Maintain accurate records of sample acquisition and shipping. All PK samples must have source documents available in patient charts that are accurate and complete. All shipping and processing records should be maintained in the patient's study folder
* Ensure lab kits and other supplies for all active studies are adequate, all supplies are in date and lab kit inventory is maintained and kept current. Ensure all supplies are clearly labeled for study
* Unpack all supplies delivered daily
* Schedule appropriate courier for sample shipments. If too late for courier, be available to make arrangements to drop samples at FedEx, UPS, etc. if necessary
* Ensure there is an adequate supply of dry ice available for shipments
* Ability to respond to queries generated from study sponsor or contract lab regarding patient/sample data
* Check and respond to emails daily
* Maintain laboratory equipment and workspace in all areas
* Interface with Tennessee Oncology and CMC laboratory personnel regarding labs for research patients
* Interface with Research nurses to ensure that all research patients have correct lab kits prior to patients' visits
* Open to working flexible hours including evenings and weekends
* Assist other research personnel when asked
* Knowledge: A body of information needed to perform a tasks; May be obtained through education, training or experience
* Knowledge of organization policies, procedures systems
* Knowledge of OSHA requirements for safe handling of blood and body fluids
* Skills:The proficiency to perform a certain task
* Skill in computer applications
* Skill in verbal and written communication
* Skill in gathering and reporting information
* Skill in blood processing
* Abilities: An underlying, enduring trait useful for performing duties
* Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
* Ability to work effectively with staff, and other internal and external sponsor and agencies
Minimum required: High School Diploma (GED)
Preferred: Technical School
* Clinical laboratory and phlebotomy experience.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.