Responsible for managing the day-to-day work for risk analytics team. Conducts performance management and career development processes.
1. Manages the day-to-day work for risk analytics team.
2. Responsible for resolving complex issues in capital estimation, regulatory reporting and external financial statements and other aspects of risk measurement.
3. Organizes the work of the team, assigns tasks, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work.
4. Responsible for model development and/or overseeing quantitative analytical processes for risk. Ensures regular production of analytical work and reports. Acts as primary contact for risk analytics with regulators, Audit Services, and internal risk teams.
5. Works with other risk teams to ensure that risk management policies/processes and quantitative modeling approaches are consistent.
6. Ensures that capital modeling and allocation approaches meet both internal corporate needs and regulatory requirements related to prevailing regulatory guidance.
7. Works with project management team to track development efforts and resolve issues.
8. Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions.
9. Provides input and support to budget management process.
10. As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level.
11. Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult.
12. Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
13. Conducts preliminary analysis.
14. Responsible for direct interaction with different committees and/or Senior management.
15. Strategic in developing, implementing and administering programs within Risk Management for a specific product(s)
A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is required.
Advanced degree in related field (math, statistics, economics) or equivalent career experience preferred.
R elated Industry qualification is preferred.
Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff.
Strong conceptual and technical knowledge of risk concepts and quantitative modeling techniques.
Prior leadership role in a risk measurement capacity.
Strong communication skills.
Understanding of technology solutions for risk measurement and the Basel II framework for risk.
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration