Bachelors in science , engineering or equivalent
Requirement Understanding and Analysis:
• Understand the functional/ nonfunctional requirements.
• Participate in client calls and prepare the clarification list to seek clarifications.
• Prepare the list of requirements and seek review inputs from the key stakeholders.
• Update requirements traceability matrix.
• Create impact analysis document (for simple change) to understand the impact on the existing functionality, as required.
• Provide inputs to create the low level design for the module based on the understanding of the requirement and HLD.
• Identify the list of reusable assets that can be used and share inputs.
• Share the list of components with the Senior Developer/ other relevant stakeholders and seek inputs.
• Based on LLD , identify the component that needs to be created.
• Set up the environment for creating the component.
• Replicate the existing code to the environment.
• Establish connection to the databases.
• Conduct coding as per finalized technical specification document.
• Follow coding standards and best practices to check code quality.
• Generate code quality document for the code review through various tools (Informatica, Aqua).
• Share the developed code for review.
• Rework on the code based on inputs shared by the Sr Developer and Module Lead if required.
• Identify unit test case scenarios based on the design.
• Prepare unit test cases and test data under guidance.
• Merge code in the build environment and seek inputs from the Senior Developer.
• Conduct peer review for the other team members.
• Conduct technical troubleshooting if required.
• Conduct unit testing based on the identified test scenarios.
• Fix simple defects identified during unit testing.
• Prepare unit test document based on the test results and share the same for review.
• Integrate and conduct system integration testing.
• Address queries raised by QA team within defined timelines.
• Analyze and fix the defects identified during functional / non functional testing.
• Understand the impact/ criticality and priority of the defect.
• Conduct regression testing for QA testing.
• Report defect status as per project standard process within agreed timelines.
• Track the status of defects using the test management tool (ALM, QC ).
• Close the defect in test management tool once resolved.
• Branch off the existing code in the version control tool (VSS, CSV).
• Identify configurable items.
• Maintain version control across different configurable items (documents component, data mapping clarification document etc).
• Share the environment set up details with the deployment team.
• Provide inputs on instructions (in case standard).
• Create a deployment package under guidance of senior members in the team.
• Raise deployment request to deployment team to deploy the code in the integrated environment.
• Review the deployed component in the environment.
• Load the test data.
• Conduct smoke testing under guidance.
• Share notification with QA team post completion of testing.
Service Support and Maintenance:
Specific to production and maintenance support:
• Prioritize incidents based on criticality.
• Route the defects logged to the right stakeholder if required.
• Attend user calls, and capture required information and incident details for logging.
• Coordinate with the different stakeholders to resolve as per SLA.
• Run appropriate tests, once the defect is resolved.
• Track the status in the test management tool (QC, Alma etc).
• In case of any recurring incidents, prepare a learning document capturing the known errors.
• Provide inputs to module lead in creation of transition plan (project steps and milestones).
• Create specific artifacts for tasks allocated by Lead.
• Share artifact with supervisor for review.
• Upload article in the knowledge management repository.
• Search the knowledge repository for information to resolve problems.
• Apply best practices/ learning during the code development.
• Create reusable assets and their documentation.
• Create value addition documents (value added by team to the client) and share it with the team.
• Provide inputs in creation of training courses and supporting artifacts on the training server such as demo, presentation.
• Conduct training or knowledge sharing sessions (in case of niche technology).
|Proficiency Level *
* Proficiency Legends
|The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.
|The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.
|The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.
|The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.