Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
POSITION TITLE: IT PROJECT MANAGER II (AGILE/SCRUM)
** Must have demonstrated work experience listed on resume stating the ability to lead Agile/Scrum development projects. **
Responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating traditional and agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects that provide exceptional business value to users. Responsible for managing several concurrent projects using traditional and agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Lead and manage medium and large, enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the teams
* Play a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
* Use good judgment and skill in situations that require a hybrid traditional and agile approach to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
* Use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit the projects they manage
* Apply the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability to projects
* Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value
* Develop detailed project plans when applicable
* Organize and lead project status and working meetings
* Prepare and distribute progress reports
* Manage risks and issues related to specific projects
* Correct deviations from plans
* Perform delivery planning for assigned projects
* Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work
* Leverage organizational resources to improve capacity for project work
* Mentor and develop team members
* Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables
* Manage stakeholder communications
* Help implement an effective system of project governance
* Define and manage a well-defined project management process
* Champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
* Promote empowerment of the team
* Ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution
* Encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
* 5+ years of insurance experience and/or technology environment
* 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams; PMP preferred
* Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices.
* A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using traditional and Agile methodologies
* Prior experience with traditional and SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, PMI-PMP CSM, or equivalent preferred
* Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 5-10 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
* Balanced business/technical background:
* Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible project leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
* Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
* Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
* Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
* Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
* Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
* Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
* Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the big picture view
ABOUT NATIONAL GENERAL HOLDINGS:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law.