Posted in Education 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: the woodlands, Texas
Requisition Primary Location
Junior Application and Database Specialist
We are currently seeking a talented Application and Database Specialist to assist in the support, growth and troubleshooting of our operations applications at our Corporate Office in The Woodlands, Texas.
Why you need to join us!
As a member of the Application Operations Team, the Junior Business Analyst supports the team members throughout the project life cycle. Under the direction of the Application and Database Specialist, you will aide in documenting both business requirements and comprehensive solutions for the application as well as supporting its days to day use.
· Under direction of a supervisor, assist with the daily management of operational functions of
· Under the direction of a supervisor, provide documentation support for requirements
gathering; process analysis; gap analysis; design of new functionality; and product testing.
· Participate in project walkthroughs: business requirements gathering, design walkthrough,
functional test plans and implementation sessions.
· Manage written communications between stakeholders and internal business units.
· Manage and maintain content management and control processes and tools.
Extremely Strong communication skills – able to communicate clearly, effectively and in a
· Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills - able to analyze and solve problems. Ability to
identify and document solutions to complex business problems with accuracy.
· Self-Starting - takes independent action and goes beyond what the job or situation requires.
· University degree/College Diploma in Computer Sciences.
· Attention to details.
· Knowledge of Microsoft applications, Word, Excel.
· Excellent knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio and Visual Basic.
· Results oriented - Strives to achieve high levels of individual and organizational
· Strong customer relationship skills.
· Previous work experience in a corporate setting.
· Previous Analysis experience (Business or Technical).
· Computer Science experience.
· Strongly prefer someone with experience with diesel vehicle maintenance and systems supporting vehicle maintenance
· This is a multi-faceted role where you will be reporting to multiple stakeholders. You will need to be flexible and be able to switch “hats” seamlessly.
· This is a position in a fast-paced environment; meeting deadlines will require perseverance.
· Travel may be required. The frequency and location is determined by the project
· You need to have correct and up-to-date travel documentation and driver’s license.
What’s In It for You:
You will be joining a great team and a company in a “work hard, play hard” environment along with a competitive salary, plus a bonus and stock opportunity. We also offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future"
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans)