Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Marlborough, Massachusetts
published job descriptions in bold.
At API we innovate, design and deliver high reliability products every day to serve our customers. These products keep soldiers safe, allow satellites to communicate, save lives through medical technology, and more. With 1,700+ people working across 15 design/manufacturing centers in North America and Europe we strive to be a leading global partner of choice in our markets: Defense, Aerospace, Space, Medical, Oil & Gas, Telecom, and Secure Systems.
API Technologies is a different company today than it was in 2016. After years of acquisitions we recognized the need to transform and began integrating our business to leverage our collective capabilities. We hired a Chief Transformation Officer. We promoted people into roles where they could make a difference and eliminate waste. We implemented a continuous improvement (CI) program, hiring CI Managers, training every employee in 5Y, and running Kaizen events to tackle low hanging fruit: we still have some. The employees who embrace this culture have thrived. Together, we are building a stronger business.
If you are an employee who challenges the status quo, who makes an impact, and who would be driven to continuously improve by the people our products protect and serve globally; then apply at www.apitech.com/careers.
We strive to put excellence in everything we do: including your career.
SUMMARY: Coordinates the engineering activities among Design Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance to ensure product meets customer and/or Spectrum specifications and that production processes undergo continual improvement. Provides technical assistance and support to all customers (internal and external).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Clarifies and assists line operators in understanding production parameters: answers questions and interprets work performed in travel tickets and test plans, prepares travel tickets and schematics, and trains operators in use of new equipment.
• Defines and documents assembly build process/processes for products.
• Reviews and improves production processes by evaluating production, methods, analyzing production lot failures and customer returns and recommending remedial and/or corrective solutions. Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
• Continuously monitors production processes and methods, analyzing production lot failures and customer returns and recommending remedial and/or corrective solutions.
• Track/reports defective materials or questionable conditions to General Manager. Escalates product issues to appropriate internal or external resources to correct. Confers with engineering and manufacturing personnel and works with them to resolve problems of product design, specifications, materials, tooling and production operations.
• Performs quality and process engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality needs.
• Establishes procedures that will properly detail the assembly and inspection of components. Develop processes for new products as they are being designed, and document the process or procedures. Develop qualification procedures and processes for new equipment or suppliers that are to be introduced into mainstream manufacturing.
• Reviews data obtained during quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company and/or customer requirements.
• Responsible for considering employee and product safety when developing manufacturing procedures, equipment and materials.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
• Maintains a working knowledge of industry quality assurance codes and standards.
• Communicates with staff: performs and reports failure analysis results to production supervisor QA and Engineering Manager; assists QA and other departments in dealing with customer questions and problems.
• Reviews and evaluates all variances on component parts that do not meet prescribed tolerances and obtains deviation approval when required. Conducts and/or supervises studies to determine cause, effect and corrective measure to remedy deviations from established Quality Standards-Problem Solving/Corrective Action.
• Conducts customer and supplier visitations as require on specific quality issues.
• Analyzes yield of SMT processes to ensure process capabilities and throughput.
• Provides training and back-up as requested by Supervisor.
• Performs other functions as assigned under supervision of senior staff or Supervisor.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering, Engineering Technology or related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
• Experience: 3 years in the engineering of electronic components or equivalent experience.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Web proficiency. Ability to work with detail and accuracy; ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical interference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Analyze problems quickly; sound employee relation skills; attention to detail and ability to keep production area focused on projects; ability to work in teams;
Knowledge of ceramic materials and capacitors; tolerances and fit for parts; Mil specifications and Customer specifications; chemicals and materials
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This is a manufacturing position.