Posted in Automotive 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI) is the global leader in automotive interiors. YFAI is redefining how people relax, work and play in their vehicle interiors today and decades from now. Headquartered in Shanghai, the company has 114 manufacturing plants and technical centers in 20 countries and more than 33,000 employees globally. They design, develop and manufacture interior components for all automakers. Established in 2015, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Adient, the global leader in automotive seating. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.
The Production Supervisor position is responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
· Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment. Maintains time and production records. Manages & approves time of subordinates utilizing timekeeping system.
· Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
· Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product by participating in Kiazen activities.
· Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of plant, department, or line.
· Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
· Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
· Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of plant personnel.
· Oversees all aspects of the production build.
· Responsible for collecting data for and reporting on monthly measurable goals.
· Identifies opportunities for Continuous Improvement, ensures that continuous improvement activities are planned, implemented, measured, reported and reviewed in the respective area of responsibility.
· Communicates daily with the team.
· Applies the corrective action process when discrepancies/non-conformances are detected.
· Responsible for applying the preventive action process when potential issues/risks are identified. Also, responsible for assessing the importance/severity of the issues/risks and for initiating the preventive action for employees in the department.
· Adheres to 5S conformance, implements improvements as required
· Any and all other duties assigned by manager.
· Leads the hourly employee training and develop trainer team and team leaders
College or university program certificate preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience; and two plus years of supervisory experience. 3-5 years manufacturing experience in a leadership role; preferably in automotive industrial setting.