Job Description: Current Employees: If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
Where Excellence Meets Purpose
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Head Coach, Strength & Fitness will lead the physical and mental development of Football student-athletes through the establishment of specific training programs that intensify the physical strength and cardiovascular conditioning of student-athletes.
1. Serve as the Head Strength Coach for Football.
2. Develop and implement strength and conditioning programs for Football student-athletes.
3. Oversee all Strength & Conditioning Coaches working with Football.
4. Continuing education of all student-athletes in the areas of nutrition, supplementation, and ergogenic aids.
5. Assists the Head Athletic Trainer/Medical Staff with rehabilitative programs.
6. Organizes and maintains the weight training facility, including the use and maintenance of all equipment, setting hours of operation, and enforcing all safety programs.
7. Test and evaluates student athletes and maintains appropriate records.
8. Remains current in the field of strength and conditioning by continually reviewing all appropriate literature and attending conferences and seminars as time and budget permits.
9. Maintains a continuing and thorough knowledge of all applicable University, departmental, and NCAA rules and regulations and complies with those rules and regulations
10. Meets NCAA certification requirements for Strength and Conditioning Coaches.
11. Attends athletic events as requested.
12. Performs special projects as requested by the Sr. Associate AD and Head Football Coach.
13. Responsible for maintaining compliance with NCAA, ACC, institutional and departmental policies and procedures.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and four years of appropriate experience is required. Must meet NCAA certification requirements for Strength and Conditioning.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.