Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Jersey City, New Jersey
Job ID: 20180719-12160-MGV
Company Name: Verisk Analytics
If you re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us! Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. At Verisk, you ll be part of an organization that s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
We are looking for a Technical Lead-Software Development who can who can help establish a development team, mentor and lead the team of Jr. and Sr. Software Developers, lead the delivery of applications, engage a variety of stakeholders, establish a strategy and a design. The solution design will need to incorporate the need for scalability, and ease of adoption. The candidate is expected to mentor the development team and have deep technical discussions, leading application development supporting business objectives while demonstrating independence in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing and deployment.
* 15+ years of proven experience in software development and system maintenance
* 5+ years leading and managing development teams.
* Strong leadership skills both organizational and technical.
* Demonstrated experience with N-tiered applications, multi-tier Enterprise applications.
* Experience with multi-threading, memory management, performance tuning, various databases, and Big Data
* Proficient and understanding in the following technologies: Java, J2EE, .Net, Spring Hibernate, Unix/Linux, Tomcat, WebSphere, REST, SVN, GIT, AWS, Jenkins, Chef, CodeDeploy, AWS,
* 2+ years of BI development with Tableau or Spotfire or Power BI
* 5+ years of experience with database technologies like SQL server, Mongo DB, NoSQL etc.
* 3+ years exposure to Big data environment, working on real-time streaming and analytics
* Experience in setting up AWS environment, working on lambda functions is a plus.
* Hands on Web Development technologies using Angular Js, React Js, HTML5/CSS3, and Responsive web designs, mobile application development technologies
* Strong database modeling and understanding of transactions.
* REST API design best practices and implementations,
* Experience with Elastic search or Solr stack, and messaging systems
* Conversant with Agile and scrum methodologies
* Excellent understanding of design patterns, object-oriented design concepts and software development processes and methods.
* Excellent communication and organization skills
* Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to troubleshoot and maintain complex applications.
* The ability to independently engage key stakeholders, assimilate asks as well as convey product vision and strategy.
* Strong SDLC practices and rigor. Source Code Management, Test Driven Development, CI/CD
* Masters or Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.
We are offering an excellent compensation package. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please click Submit Now to apply.