Posted in Science 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, New Jersey
The mission of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is to ensure that Prudential has a comprehensive framework for understanding the risks embedded in and across its businesses, so that the company can manage these risks effectively, evaluate current and future risk challenges and opportunities, and enhance shareholder value.
An integral part of the ERM organization is the Model Risk Management Group (MRMG), which includes two teams: (1) Model Risk Management and (2) Model Risk Control Office. The primary objectives of MRMG are to effectively challenge, manage and mitigate model risks, and maintain model inventory, risk assessment and model control standards.
This position will be part of the Model Risk Management team, primarily responsible for independent model reviews and testing of models.
The incumbent’s level of experience and subject matter expertise will determine his or her level of leadership and involvement relative to the following responsibilities:
• Support model review work including the following activities:
• Research relevant regulatory frameworks, underlying products, assumptions and methodologies
• Review model documentation, evaluate risks and propose review strategies
• Build independent challenger models and other analytical tools as needed
• Perform model output analytics
• Create a comprehensive model review report
• Be exposed to multiple lines of business and model types: pricing, financial reporting, capital, forecasting and others
• Work closely with others, both inside and outside the team
This position may also help with the monitoring of model control standards, model risk assessments, and model issue remediation in partnership with the Model Risk Control Office.
• Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Economics, Business, Science‐based, or another analytical field
• Successfully passed one or more actuarial exams
• Experience working in an actuarial position is a plus
• Experience in model development, implementation and/or validation a plus
• Knowledge of insurance or retirement products is a plus
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Knowledge of software packages used in business communication such as MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of relevant software packages, such as ALFA, Prophet, MATLAB, VBA, SAS, R software is a plus
• Working knowledge of programming languages, such as C, C++, JAVA is desired