Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Redwood City, California
Within WestEd, the Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics (STEM) program offers a diverse portfolio of projects that promote quality science, mathematics, and technology education for all students. STEM projects advance research, produce innovative instructional materials and professional development, and develop and evaluate educational technologies. The STEM portfolio includes projects that apply cognitive science to authentic educational settings, partner with Ed Tech startups, evaluate large scale programs, and focus on students from preschool through advanced degree programs.
The Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics program at WestEd is seeking an experienced Research Associate to work on a range of educational research projects in the STEM subject area. This position supports research and development efforts that include designing and implementing large-scale field research requiring strong quantitative and qualitative skills. The successful candidate will lead educational studies including contributing to proposals, writing and executing research designs, conducting data mining of student response patterns, using HLM and other quantitative analysis methodologies, and presenting findings at conferences and in peer-reviewed publications. The position will work with Project Directors and will be supported by other research associates, research assistants, and outside contractors as the work requires. The successful candidate will take responsibility for managing projects and staff.
* Lead quantitative analysis work across the STEM program.
* Direct the work of research associates, assistants, and outside contractors assigned to particular parts of projects for which the position is responsible.
* Conduct various other aspects of large, multi-year research and development projects, such as conducting pilot tests, evaluations, interviews, focus groups, observations and field tests.
* Lead small research and development projects as needed.
* Interact with staff from partner institutions in the projects, such as state science/math directors or university researchers.
* Participate in the development of proposals for new work, taking responsibility for writing the research design and analysis plans for both the quantitative and qualitative sections of the overall narrative.
* Assist in the writing of project reports through researching, writing and editing, taking responsibility for particular sections.
* Participate in writing papers and articles for professional conferences, peer-reviewed journals and other publications in order to disseminate findings from the research projects to a national and international audience.
* PhD in education, psychology, measurement, statistics, or related field
* Deep knowledge of research methodology (qualitative and quantitative), statistical analysis, and measurement
* Experience conducting applied research in education, psychology, and/or social sciences
* Programming expertise in at least one major statistical package, and current experience with large complex HLM, regression, SEM, and/or psychometric analyses
* Ability to handle multiple priorities under time-restricted conditions
* Demonstrated ability to work as a team player and to treat staff and clients respectfully
* Strong organizational, communication, and presentation skills
* Solid writing skills
* Commitment to quality products and research
* Knowledge of STEM education
* Experience conducting evaluations of technology-supported education innovations
* Experience conducting interviews and observations of a variety of educational interventions
* Willingness to travel for conference presentations and client meetings
* Experience in resource development and proposal preparation
*Note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Successful candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
We invite you to Apply for this Position.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the online application process, please call 415.615.3170. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant Accommodation" in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals with a disability who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job. If you are not an individual with a disability and have a question or comment, please email email@example.com.
730 Harrison Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
WestEd is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veterans status or other status protected by applicable law.