Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
WHO WE ARE:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the international leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to be more successful at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
WHY PEOPLE CHOOSE TO WORK WITH US:
Let's start with the cool workspace after all, that's our business. But that's just one of the ways we help people like you do their best work. We encourage curiosity and critical thinking, we embrace well-being in its broadest sense and we provide mentoring and inspiration at every step of your career journey.
Early career, Event Management (EM) professional, focused on helping clients achieve their event goals through direct interface with clients and the oversight of event logistics. With minimal supervision, you will work closely with senior EM colleagues and be accountable for supporting them to execute on the following responsibilities.
* Establish and maintain positive, professional relationships with clients.
* Manage the details of assigned events and communicate with appropriate Event Experience (EvX) departments to ensure all events are executed to client specifications.
* Manage project information using Basecamp and other project planning or data storage tools.
* Serve on-site for all assigned EvX events including conferences, association meetings, corporate events and meetings, professional learning events, etc.
* Ensure client satisfaction through assisting in effective event planning and execution. Communicate with inter-company departments, participate in pre-event kick-off meeting, and client design reviews.
* Work closely with AV, food and beverage, onsite labor, and all other event vendor partners to ensure a seamless experience for the client.
* Help execute on event room set-ups following the space designs provided by the Design team.
* Confidently articulate the EvX value and story with clients, potential clients, Steelcase at large, etc.
* Help maintain spending budget for assigned project.
* Good negotiation skills and financial management skills.
* Excellent customer service and focus on quality.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write reports and business correspondence.
* Strong computer literacy Microsoft suite.
* Good presentation skills.
* Able to work flexible hours including evenings or weekends (when on site).
* Ability to travel as needed. Occasional heavy travel required 50% during busy seasons.
* Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
* Must possess a valid US driver s license.
* Bachelor s Degree required, with preferred focus on hospitality or events management.
1 year project management/hospitality experience preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
We invite you to submit your resume/CV through our careers page.
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States