SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Collector #3 is responsible for the collection of outstanding receivables comprised mainly of Solid Waste accounts for franchise, non-franchise & Haulaway areas.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collection and reconciliation of outstanding receivables in accordance with established objectives
- Ability to handle high profile or sensitive accounts in terms of collection or credit needs
- Establish payment plans when necessary
- Review monthly agency list and identify accounts to be placed for collections
- Prepare and submit adjustments for processing
- Prepare various lists for processing by customer service (tagging, work orders etc.)
- Notify credit representative of possible credit risk accounts (store closings, bankruptcies etc.)
- Identify the need to modify or implement procedures necessary to ensure timely receipt of payment
- Professionally and personably handle communication with customers, division managers, and other personnel as necessary
- Prepare reports as requested regarding the status of portfolio
- Handles special projects beyond the scope of daily collection calls as needed by management
- Ability to make and receive up to 100 calls per day
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to make and receive up to 100 calls per day.
- Basic typing skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Word & Excel skills
- Understanding of cash application process
- Experience interacting with various department managers on a routine basis
- Commercial/Residential collection experience
- Understanding of credit reporting & collection agencies
- Ability to perform intermediate to complex level reconciliations
- Strong organizing skills
- Ability to compose proper letters and e-mails.
- Ability to trouble shoot problems and offer solutions