Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Meadville, Pennsylvania
Category Specialist-Logistics Northeast
Meadville, PA, US
Universal Pressure Pumping
Universal Pressure Pumping, Inc. a premier source for hydraulic fracturing, cementing, nitrogen and acidizing services for reservoir enhancement. Universal Pressure Pumping provides well services primarily in Texas and the Mid-Continent and Appalachian regions.
The Category Specialist Logistics will be part of the team responsible for the development of strategic plans for the Universal Pressure Pumping (UPP) Logistics Portfolio. In this role, the selected candidate will support tactical logistics execution to support UPP s regional business and will communicate logistics plans with internal Supply Chain Management (SCM) stakeholders to support pressure pumping operations.
The successful candidate will: have strong skills in engaging office, field personnel and suppliers in managing UPP s logistics requirements and have strategic thinking skills to support the SCM Manager Logistics in developing and executing supply strategies, sourcing events, contracts negotiations and contract/supplier management as required.
This position will work under the direction of the SCM Manager Logistics.
* Lead strategic sourcing initiatives from start to finish including: work with the Proppant team to understand upcoming logistics requirements, leverage proppant forecasts to ensure logistics paths from mine to transload are established, ensure transload operations are executed, and ensure last mile logistics are under contract and available to support operations
* Work across the SCM-Procurement, Operational and Technical teams to implement category strategies including: contract awards, field roll-outs, supplier performance metrics (where applicable) and ongoing performance improvement initiatives
* Develop logistics plans per well
* Identification and analysis of daily performance of logistics suppliers (Rail, Barge, Transload, Trucks) to support sourcing and/or rate increase, reduction negotiations
* Managing/Mitigating any supplier failures
* Ensure that the Patterson-UTI Logistics Center Dispatchers have the required information / support to deliver proppant to the wellsite
* Perform other related duties as assigned
* Must be self-motivated, with the ability to oversee and motivate others and influence decisions, capable of identifying problems and recommending alternative solutions
* Must be a self-starter able to take initiative, make decisions and drive for results
* Must demonstrate a high level of professional integrity and demeanor
* Strong written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective presentations and written report preparation
* Excellent networking skills complemented by the ability to develop and sustain strategic relationships
* Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
* Strong analytical abilities including the capability to perform detailed market analysis as required
* Extremely organized and able to work on multiple priorities with a diverse customer base
* Expedient problem solver who excels in solution delivery
* Ability to manage a diverse customer base
* Bachelor s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales Management or related field
* 3+ years experience working with pressure pumping materials (proppant, bulks, MRO items, etc.) or Logistics (Rail, Barge, Transload, Truck)
* Must have valid state-issued driver s license and be eligible to drive Company vehicle including ability to meet requirements of Company s Vehicle Use Agreement and Driving Policy
* Advanced education and SCM related certifications
* Oil & Gas industry experience
This position requires the person to work in both office and field locations. Variable work hours include regular after-hours, weekend and holiday commitments along as well as regular travel within and outside assigned region. Must comply with all Company policies, including requirements for operating a Company vehicle.
How To Apply
To apply, click the "apply now" button at the lower right hand corner of the screen and follow the directions.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.