Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Martinsburg, West Virginia
Form Updated: April 2015
Job Title: Shuttle Driver Position number: 8461
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports to: Security director
POSITION SUMMARY: SHUTTLE BUS DRIVERS MUST HAVE GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS. THE SAFETY OF PASSENGERS IS THE PRIME RESPONSIBILITY OF BUS DRIVERS. DRIVERS MUST HAVE THE STAMINA TO SIT FOR SEVERAL HOURS AT A TIME, AND THE HAND-EYE COORDINATION TO OPERATE THEIR VEHICLES WHILE WATCHING THEIR SURROUNDINGS. PATIENCE IS NECESSARY WHEN DEALING WITH HEAVY TRAFFIC AND RUDE RIDERS AND DEPENDABILITY ENSURES THAT DRIVERS MAINTAIN THEIR SCHEDULES.
QUALIFICATIONS: High-school diploma. Most receive short formal training through their employers that covers company procedures, vehicle operation, safety, customer service and local street layouts. A driver s license and safe driving record is mandatory. Drivers be at least 25 years old for insurance purposes, undergo a background investigation and pass a drug test. In addition, depending on the size of the shuttle bus, driver needs a vailed WV license.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Use a computer keyboard, monitor and mouse.
2. Answer telephones and transcribe messages.
3. Communicate verbally, written and electronically with healthcare personnel, families and patients.
4. May be scheduled to work various shifts based on departmental and patient needs.
5. May be required to travel between facilities/buildings.
6. Must meet Department of Labor s MEDIUM duty standard (MEDIUM WORK- exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly).
7. Able to bend, stoop, reach and be capable of normal rotation, standing and walking for an 8-10 hour shift.
OSHA EXPOSURE CLASSIFICATION I TB EXPOSURE I
STAFF RIGHTS: I am aware of any potentially conflicting situations and I request not to participate in the following aspects of a patient s care or treatment because of cultural values, ethics or religious beliefs (Specify any staff rights or indicate NONE; initial)
ACCOMMODATIONS: I request the following reasonable accommodations (special equipment, etc) in order to perform the functions of this position (Specify accommodations or indicate NONE; initial)
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The organization reserves the right to alter working hours, based on needs.
Employee ___________________________________________________________________ Date__________________
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)