Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Telecommunications Mechanic I ( ID # 13402 )
Established in 2011, Cherokee Nation 3S (CN3S) provides support, services, and solutions to federal and commercial customers. CN3S guarantees a customer-first attitude, extra effort and willingness to ensure complete customer satisfaction. Its personalized approach gives clients the attention they deserve and the quality they expect.
To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.cherokee-cn3s.com
CN3S is looking for a Telecommunications Mechanic I to perform various work order related tasks associated with the overall support of the Sheppard AFB (Base Telecommunications System) and other duties to support the US Air Force at Sheppard Air Force Base.
* Perform installations, troubleshooting, and maintaining all fiber optic systems on base to ensure that they are working properly.
* Measure the signal strength of telephone and internet connections to ensure that there is adequate performance.
* Perform inspections to make sure that the fiber optic systems do not have defects that could undermine performance.
* Conduct regular inspections of the systems with the aim of locating and repairing any defects detected during the inspections.
* Perform premises cabling and running fiber optic cables underground.
* Determine solutions to any problems and issues that are preventing the fiber optic systems from performing optimally.
* Construct a proper slice case as well as preparing and maintaining records, diagrams and schematics relating to the splice case.
* Work order fulfillment and maintenance as tasked by the COMM Squadron.
* A high school diploma, or equivalent, and an associate's degree in a telecommunications or mechanical field is preferred
* A minimum of five (5) years' experience in a related field working with fiber optics and other telecommunications systems
* Direct experience with US Air Force telecommunications operational procedures and processes
* Ability to work in outdoor elements and different weather scenarios
* Successfully pass a drug screen and a federal background check
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
* maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com". This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.