Posted in Architecture 30 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
At Vertiv, we design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments.
The Customer Engineer is responsible for the installation, preventive maintenance, scheduled and emergency services on Vertiv (Liebert) Manufactured Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) products serviced by Vertiv. A company vehicle, laptop, smartphone, and tools will be provided. Benefits provided include: health insurance, prescription plans, dental, vacation, paid holidays, 401K and Profit Sharing. We provide an excellent training program for new hires and excellent professional growth opportunity.
Why Vertiv is the best company for Field Engineers:
· State of the art training facility
· Career progression with multiple career path opportunities
· Excellent benefits including: Company vehicle, smartphone, laptop, 401k, Profit Sharing, & Generous PTO/Vacation Plan, Medical, Vision & Dental & more.
· 4.4 Billion Dollar Global Industry Leader
· Strong Internal Infrastructure; 24-hour Customer, Technical and Factory Support
· Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
· Military and Veteran focused organization
· Strong Safety Program
While performing duties of the above jobs, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or other components; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The associate frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have ability to regularly lift at least 50 pounds. Valid driver’s license is required.
· Associates Degree in Electronics or Military Electronics Training a plus
· 4+ years of hands on electronic experience
· Prior field service experience preferred
· 3 phase/480v experience preferred
· Familiarity with electrical/electronic test equipment and fundamentals
· Ability to read and interpret electrical line diagrams and blueprints
· Working knowledge of OHM's law and electronic theory
· Ability to evaluate the operating conditions of equipment
· Standard computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
· Mechanical aptitude
· Clear, concise, written and verbal communication skills
Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of internal and external customers
· Must have the ability and self motivation to manage one's own schedule