Posted in Other 30 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Broomall, Pennsylvania
Req ID: 21396
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Performs routine delegated clinical patient care supportive duties in the health system medical practice. Assists medical and/or nursing staff in the examination and treatment of patients and ensures efficient office operations. Must be willing to rotate if needed to other Care Network sites within the designated cluster.
* Greet patients, answer telephones, and provides customer service to the patients. Provides administrative support; Updates and files patient medical records, schedules appointments, arranges for laboratory services, and performs other administrative duties as directed.
* Records vital signs and pain screens. Notifies the registered nurse or physician when vital signs or pain screen are out of range. Identify patients in distress and notify appropriate care team.
* *Prepares patients for exams and procedures effectively. Explains basic treatment procedures to patients according to policy. Assists physician during examination and procedures. Collects and prepares laboratory specimens and phlebotomy according to health system standards. Perform basic laboratory tests on the premises within POCT standards, maintains refrigerator and QC logs.
* Prepares, administers and documents medications and immunizations as ordered by provider
* Performs other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the physician consistent with the CMAs education, training, scope of practice and experience and within state medical practice.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
CPR (90 days)
CMA, RMA, NCMA, or CCMA
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education: High School/GED. Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERT/LIC
Preferred Experience: One year of healthcare-related work experience.
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Knowledge of exam, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
* Ability to maintain quality control standards
* Ability to read, understand and respond to detailed oral and written instructions.
* Ability to react and communicate clearly, calmly and effectively.
* Working knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are applicable to work performed.
* Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146