Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elmhurst, Illinois
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
What you will do
This position is accountable for selling support in the Branch, which includes job take-offs, application engineering, technical assistance to Branch employees and customers, and coverage of architects, engineers, developers, builders, National Accounts, and utilities.
How you will do it
1. Provides selling support through technical assistance to co-workers, customers, and others who may influence the purchase decision.
2. Performs take-offs and coordinating jobs for bid to increase sales and decrease duplication of work.
3. Calls on architects, engineers, builders, developers, utilities, and national accounts as directed by the Sales Manager.
4. Provides technical assistance or information for favorable product specification.
What we look for
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent combined education and experience.
• A minimum of two years experience in a related field.
• Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including email and Microsoft Office software.
• Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
• Effective and professional communication and organization skills.
• Strong knowledge of Sales & Marketing, with comprehensive knowledge of the principles of air conditioning.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.