Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St Louis, Missouri
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
What you will do
The HVAC Sales Manager is part of our Building Technologies & Solutions business at Johnson Controls. Due to our expansion into direct sales of HVAC Equipment locally we are adding new sales executives to our team. This is based in our St. Louis MO office and serves our existing territory which includes Southern IL and Eastern MO. Plan, forecast, manage and deliver consistent long-term profitable branch growth. Develop and direct the HVAC Equipment sales force to be the premier supplier of all HVAC offerings across all building types.
Under general direction, leads the HVAC Equipment sales business by executing account management strategies that facilitate long-term customer relationships with targeted customers. Responsible for actualizing account management strategies, sales planning, sales pipeline management, salesperson development/training and sales activity consistent with the JCI Sales Management Disciplines. Personally establish and maintain long term customer relationships with Key and Target Consulting Engineers and Mechanical Contractors to influence opportunities. Through active leadership participation in the local professional and community organizations, maintains an understanding of the business environment (i.e. legislative, purchasing, and market trends).
How you will do it
• Manages account assignments to the HVAC Equipment sales team to ensure secured sales performance to plan.
• Responsible for top-line growth of revenue as well as meeting growth objectives around gross margin.
• Provides accurate and timely forecasting of sales and the corresponding allocation of sales support resources
• Practices performance management by setting clear goals, investing personal time in employee development and actively coaching.
• Increases market penetration in local HVAC Equipment business by securing new customers and expanding the scope of the existing customer base with Owner, Consulting Engineer and Mechanical Contractor accounts. Ensures the development and maintenance of Account Plans with all Key and Target accounts. Ensures the development of new business and demonstrates an understanding of the various channels in the market and how they inter-relate with the Office business.
• Facilitates training and ensures support resources are in place to develop salespersons capable of selling the full scope of bundled offerings available.
• Develops strategies for the local sales team consistent with Building Technology & Solutions mission and objectives. Understands the local business environment and market including competition, purchasing and business trends. Accountable for integration of sales team activity within local office.
• Provides leadership in customer satisfaction and for performance enhancement and proactive resolution of issues.
• Owns and manages the sales staffing plan for the local office. Works with the Regional HR and Talent Acquisition team to recruit, hire, and retain HVAC Equipment sales and sales support staff to plan.
• Ensures compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates the local office with the highest business ethics.
What we look for Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering
• Eight years of progressive sales and/or operational experience in HVAC building systems
• Three years of experience in a lead or supervisory role with responsibility for the productivity and development of others
• Demonstrated ability to relate to people at all levels, and to communicate both on a technical and non-technical basis
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.