Fixed Equipment Engineer at Koch Fertilizer, LLC
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Who are we? Watch to find out!
Isn’t it time you joined a company that thinks the same as you do? At Koch, 90% of earnings are reinvested in the company so that we can create opportunities and long-term value for our customers, employees, and society. Our culture is defined by the Market-Based Management® philosophy which guides everyday decision making and provides employees with opportunities to contribute and personally benefit from the value they create.
At Koch, we offer opportunities for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world, responsibilities and rewards based on contributions, and competitive Pay and Benefits.
Do you want to join a team who delivers innovative solutions to meet our customer’s changing needs? Being a leader in delivering superior value in the industry as well as environmental excellence and responsibility is the vision for Koch Fertilizer, LLC.
Koch Ag & Energy Solutions, LLC. (KAES) is looking for a Fixed Equipment Engineer to join our Operations Excellence capability. The preferred location for the role will be in our corporate office in Wichita, KS but we are open to other office or remote locations.
The successful candidate will provide engineering support for KAES operating facilities. This includes ownership of engineering specifications, standards and procedures. This position partners with the operating facilities in determining root cause of failures, assessing fitness for service of equipment, and adding value through recommendations and solutions. This position partners with KAES project engineers and assist in front end loading of projects and provides engineering support for safety design reviews. This position assists Mechanical integrity specialist in developing repair plans.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Provide ownership of the corporate fixed equipment specifications including approving deviations and development of new specifications.
- Develop, implement, and review appropriate standards, policies, procedures for fixed equipment and provide personnel training
- Develop and maintain metrics for EP approvals, deviations, etc. (Metrics TBD)
- Provide consultation to facilities and Koch Fertilizer projects on fixed equipment design and applications including fitness for service, metallurgy, welding, and fabrication procedures.
- Partner with Mechanical Integrity Specialist and on coordinating shop inspections. Including contracting to 3rd party for inspections.
- Support fleet in investigations and RCA’s. Assist/lead investigations for equipment failure incidents, determine root causes and implement corrective actions.
- Support fleet in safety design reviews
- Develop, coach and mentor facility engineers.
- Partner with project managers in development of front end loading for capital projects
What You Will Need: (Basic Qualifications)
- 5+ years’ experience in Chemical, Petro-chemical or Fertilizer industry or technical role relating to fixed equipment engineering
- Experience developing strategies and processes for fleet MI program that are sustainable
- Certified in or have the ability to certify in API 510, 570, and 653
- Ability to communicate cross functionally with operations, engineering, and operations leadership team
- Experience with corrosion, metallurgy and welding technology
- Very Collaborative and willing to share ideas
- Possess strong ethics, integrity and humility
- Travel up to 30%
- Ability to work long hours in turnarounds and outages including potential for nightshift
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Chemical Engineering
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to sit, stand or kneel as needed
- Unassisted physical mobility around a plant
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
What Will Put You Ahead: (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience in fertilizer industry and/or experience with metallurgies and equipment for NH3, Urea, UAN and Nitric Acid service
- National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel certification
- API 510, API 570, or API 653 certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced education in corrosion damage mechanisms (API 571), and metallurgy
Want to learn more about KAES?
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf