Medical Coder at nThrive
Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Winston-Salem, North CarolinaJob Description:
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
Job ID 2018-23149
Employment Type full-time
Job Location US-NC-Winston-Salem
Hours Per Week 40
The Coder I will review clinical documentation to assign and sequence diagnostic and procedural codes for specific patient types to meet the needs of hospital data retrieval for billing and reimbursement. Specialists validate APC calculations in order to accurately capture the diagnoses/procedures documented in the clinical record. The Coder I performs documentation review and assessment for accurate abstracting of clinical data to meet regulatory and compliance requirements. Coder I may interact with client staff and providers.
- Select and sequence ICD-9, ICD-10, and/or CPT/HCPCS codes for designated patient types which may include but not limited to: Ancillary (Diagnostic)/ Recurring; Hospital, Clinic; Physician Pro Fee; Technical Fee or Evaluation and Management.
- Review and analyze clinical records to ensure that APC assignments accurately reflect the diagnoses/procedures documented in the clinical record.
- Abstract clinical data from the record after documentation review to ensure that it is adequate and appropriate to support diagnoses, procedures and discharge disposition is selected.
- Complete assigned work functions utilizing appropriate resources.
- May act as a resource with client staff for data integrity, clarification and assistance in understanding and determining appropriate and compliant coding practices including provider queries Coding Associate.
- Maintain strict patient and provider confidentiality in compliance with all federal, state, and hospital laws and guidelines for release of information.
- Participate in client and Precyse staff meetings, trainings, and conference calls as requested and/or required.
- Maintain current working knowledge of ICD-9 and ICD-10 and/or CPT/HCPCS and coding guidelines, government regulations, protocols and third-party requirements regarding coding and/or billing.
- Participate in continuing education activities to enhance knowledge, skills, and maintain current credentials.
- Support Precyse's Compliance Program by demonstrating adherence to all relevant compliance policies and procedures as evidenced by in-service attendance and daily practice; notifying management when there is a compliance concern or incident; demonstrating knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of patient information; promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient and/or client information.
- Active RHIA, RHIT, CCS
- 3+ years of recent and relevant hands-on coding experience including active production coding
- Ability to travel100% of the time
- Ability to consistently code at 95% threshold for both accuracy and quality while maintaining client-specific and/or Precyse production standards
- Proficient computer knowledge including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Must display excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills with all levels of internal and external customers
- Candidates must successfully pass pre-employment coding test.
- Cable or DSL high-speed, wired Internet Connection
- Associates degree in HIM or healthcare-related field, or combination of equivalent education and experience
Be Inspired. Ignite Change. Transform Health Care.
From Patient-to-PaymentSM, nThrive provides all the technology, advisory expertise, services, analytics and education programs health care organizations need to thrive in the communities they serve. Our colleagues share a united passion to help health care organizations strengthen their financial position, which translates to accessible, quality care for all. This passion fuels our drive to innovate and participate in community outreach through the nThrive CARES program. Our colleagues are encouraged to think differently and empowered to make a lasting impact that ensures our health care providers, and our world, are healthy and productive.