Systems Engineer II - Video Support Center - Systems at Spectrum
Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Broomfield, Colorado
The Systems Engineer II - Video Support Center - Systems is responsible for providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for the resolution of outages and service impairments in a 24x7x365 operation for the assigned shift. The Engineer is also responsible for reliable, consistent operation of these systems to provide a quality entertainment and information experience for our customers. The video systems included in this team s purview include Video Back-Office Systems, Conditional Access Systems, Switched Digital Video Systems and Video on Demand Systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Programming, trouble resolution, operations and maintenance of systems, applications and equipment used in the provisioning and delivery of Interactive Services
* Providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for all video systems within Charter Communications
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and/or work experience
* 2 years of experience performing application configuration, programming, installation, and maintenance within a Systems Administration capacity
* 2 years of experience working with Unix/Linux based client/server systems and applications
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Must be able to work the following shift; Sunday - Wednesday (10 PM to 9 AM)
* Advanced experience working with Unix/Linux operating systems; specifically experience with RedHat, and Solaris
* Experience leading systems and applications support for complex, high-reliability systems and architectures supporting video services or back-offices
* Direct experience and knowledge of VOD systems including AMS, catchers, caches, streamers and associated VOD back-offices
* Direct experience and knowledge of Conditional Access controllers such as Cisco DNCSs and Arris DACs
* Direct experience and knowledge of Switched Digital Video systems from vendors such as Arris and Cisco
* Ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience working with Unix/Linux based client/server systems and applications
* Direct experience and expert knowledge of Charter back office systems such as Mystro and Spectrum
* Working experience within Telecommunications industry
* System Administration of complex Unix environments and associated certifications (RHCSA, RHCE)
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.