Product Quality Engineer at Gogo
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Broomfield, ColoradoJob Description:
Engineering Broomfield, Colorado
Position at Gogo Business Aviation
The Gogo Business Aviation Product Quality Engineer role focuses on supporting the successful integration of design engineering outputs into manufacturing working in conjunction with both the Design Engineering and New Product Introduction (NPI) teams to ensure that products designed can be manufactured in alignment with Gogo Business Aviation's established Quality, Reliability, and Maintainability / Serviceability targets. The Product Quality Engineering role works to ensure that products will function as designed and as built for the specified warranty period. This role is a key contributor to our overall customer satisfaction and company profitability. This role also owns in process and post-delivery support failure analysis.
The successful candidate will have an engineering degree in electrical engineering from an accredited university, or equivalent experience, hands on experience with electromechanical product manufacturing and troubleshooting, a basic understanding of data analytic techniques, the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams, and be innovative and collaborative in their approach to problem solving. This position reports to the Manager of Product Quality.
COME ON BOARD THE QUALITY ASSURANCE TEAM!
How will you make a difference?
- Responsible for definition and delivery of Design for Failure Analysis / post-delivery support requirements to the Design Engineering teams considering product and system electro-mechanical interactions.
- Participates actively in the product design reviews throughout the product development lifecycle stages providing feedback on electrical, mechanical, and electro-mechanical interactions of the product and system, as well as feedback on maintainability / serviceability in terms of field and bench failure analysis capability of the designs.
- May actively engage with the design engineering teams during reliability and FAA DO-160 testing to complete conformity inspections, as required, and participate in failure analysis.
- Work in collaboration with Manufacturing Engineering, Test Engineering, and New Product Introduction Managers for product yield roadmaps during product bring-up in manufacturing, including identifying milestones and metrics to drive first pass yield improvement, test optimization, and manufacturing product cost reductions.
- Partner in collaboration with Manufacturing Test in defining plans for embedded software code validation, including measurement systems analysis (MSA). The Product Quality Engineer owns independent review of Manufacturing Test Processes prior to initial release.
- Responsible for definition and delivery of automated and quantitative failure analysis debug and test sets to support evaluation of rejected product from manufacturing and returned product from the field, including product specific Failure Analysis Test Procedures. Will be responsible for bench level failure analysis of new products rejected from production and returned from the field.
- In charge of training and transitioning product technical troubleshooting knowledge and failure analysis test sets, as applicable, to the FAA Certified Repair Station
- Partnering with NPI Program Management, provide sustaining engineering support to define and coordinate changes, as required, in product design to ensure that field released products are meeting contractual obligations for product quality and reliability performance.
- Responsible for Quality owned MRB timely material management and problem report closure.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and Lean Six Sigma certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years' work experience in an engineering role in product development, failure analysis, and/or manufacturing quality engineering experience of electrical, mechanical, or electromechanical products.
- Ability to travel up to ~10% (domestic and international)
Skills, Experience and Talents
- Project Management: Proven complex project management and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a critical thinker, able to "think outside the box", and be an active listener with appropriate time management skills and the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Strong failure analysis trouble shooting and data analytic skills. Including, statistical knowledge with hands on experience implementing and using statistical methods (use of critical tools in Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP), FMEA, DOE, and GR&R methodologies).
- Quality Management: Understanding of practical application of Cost of Quality model & driving metrics to reduce cost of poor quality integrated with practical experience in an ISO 9001/AS9100 based Quality Management System.
- Computer: Proficient computer skills with office software applications and a proven ability to use basic data analysis tools.
- Strong leadership, effective communication, accountability, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to effectively lead, and collaborate with cross functional teams.
- Ability to quickly learn new processes.
- Communication: Proven effective and advanced written and verbal communication skills to inform, explain, and educate internal and external contacts on complex ideas related to quality issues.
- Demonstrated ability to write technical reports and presentations.
- Team friendly, and approachable. A sense of humor a plus.
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that's just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Gogo participates in E-Verify. Details in English and Spanish. Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish.