Civil Analyst at Uncommon
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: BOHEMIA, New York
No bureaucracy. Apex was founded on the principles of agility and employee empowerment, and we’ve worked hard over the past 25+ years to build a culture of collaboration, communication, and opportunity. That’s our secret to success, plain and simple.
We get it. You’re looking for growth opportunity in a high-energy environment. You want to work with the best minds in the business and for a company that cares about your professional development. And while you might be okay with some routine, you’d really like a role that includes new challenges, stretching you just enough to help you grow.
You get it. As an Engineer, you’re a serious multi-tasker who lends your technical expertise and business savvy to the success of every project. You work hard to exceed client expectations for quality and cost-effectiveness, and you coordinate project activities to complete every project on time and within budget. At the end of the workday, you go home very satisfied knowing you’ve delivered solutions to clients that depend on you to resolve problems that range from very simple to very complex.
Responsibilities. Like every member of the Apex Team, your role as Engineer is key to the company’s success. While responsibilities of the Engineer 2 will vary day to day, in general you will often:
- Provide senior technical oversight and perform project work
- Conduct field activities including collecting soil, water, air, and/or building material samples, and overseeing subcontractors.
- Assist with project engineering design.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Write technical reports and proposals and develop cost estimates.
- Actively develop your own career growth
In addition to your fulfilling role with a growing company, you also gain the advantages of:
- A full benefits package including health, medical, dental, life, short and long term disability, 401k, and tuition assistance (among others)
- Eligibility for performance-based bonuses and other incentives
- Resources and support for your career development
- Cross-training and diverse projects
- Working with some of the best and brightest in the industry among a culture that values diversity
- 700+ employee consulting firm led by an approachable, accessible executive team and all of the resources typical of much larger firms
Great minds think alike! Now that we understand each other, let’s sort through the minimum qualifications for this position:
- BA/BS in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Professional Engineer License preferred.
- HAZWOPER certification. Professional license a plus.
- 6 to 8 years of related experience in environmental compliance, investigations and remediation.
- Experienced in field data collection, technical report writing, and managing project budgets and schedules.
- Proficiency with MS Office, AutoCAD, and the add-on program Civil 3D.
- Excellent technical communication skills; strong attention to detail; field adeptness.
- Good safety record and understanding of safe work practices.
We’re ready to get this key position filled so if this is you, submit your resume now for consideration. If you’re ready to grow, let us know!
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.