Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Washington, Washington DC
We are currently seeking a highly qualified Senior Administrative Assistant to support the Vice President, Government Affairs and Public Outreach in Washington, DC This position will provide administrative support to the day-to day demands and activities in an organized, effective and efficient manner.
Specific accountabilities include: * Understanding departmental priorities in order to effectively schedule and manage the Vice President's time and workflow.
* Maintaining the VP's calendar, including personal appointments. Scheduling and frequently arranging meetings on short notice, which involves extensive coordination and follow-up with other executives, directors, administrative assistants, and outside consultants. May involve managing schedules across time zones.
* Coordinating and scheduling travel arrangements for the VP.
* Providing similar administrative support for Managing Director in Government Affairs. This individual may be based outside of DC.
* Maintaining necessary documentation to prepare and ensure accuracy of expense statements and invoices.
* Communicating information to other Government Affairs staff
* Providing phone coverage for VP and Managing Director, screening phone calls and appropriately directing callers.
* Handling non-routine, complex projects and assignments with minimal guidance
* Providing a wide range of administrative and general support duties including composing, editing and proofing correspondence, contracts, reports and/or presentations
* Handling sensitive and confidential materials and matters.
* Interacting with Altria Executives
* Adhering to compliance procedures and processes.
* Prioritizing multiple accountabilities with minimal supervision.
* Inputting and maintaining budgets, processing invoices and ordering supplies for department.
* Maintaining files according to records management retention policies.
* Organizing and preparing complex documents including correspondence, reports and presentations.
* Providing administrative support to others in the group as required.
* Providing administrative support to other Directors and VP's as required.
* Working closely with administrative staff within Government affairs staff to avoid duplicative efforts, encouraging consistency in compliance with company practices.
Qualifications include: * An Associate's Degree (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and make decisions in management absence.
* Strong understanding of the legislative, political, and election processes preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Advanced computer skills, including a thorough understanding and application of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Power Point, Excel and Word).
* Ability to develop presentations and materials that are executive ready.
* Ability to interact with all levels within and outside of the company.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Understanding, influencing and/or serving people are important skills in completing responsibilities.
At Altria, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your administrative skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance and participation in our deferred profit sharing program.Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.