Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Brownsville, Texas
Job Code: 00187-5579
Mixed (rotating weekends)
VALLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER BROWNSVILLE, TX
PHLEBOTOMIST NON CERTIFIED- LAB
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, VALLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
VALLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER is a 214 licensed bed facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services, including:
* 24 Hour Level III Trauma Emergency Department
* Open Heart Surgery
* Women s Services
* Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
VALLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTEr is currently looking for a PHLEBOTOMIST NON CERTIFIED- LAB.
Utilizes phlebotomy skills for collection of patient samples. Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital. Promotes a supportive environment that encourages collegiality. Computer processing of patient specimens before and after collection. Processes and distributes patient reports.
1. Performs computer data entry, filing, telephone communication and other clerical duties as assigned.
2. Possesses adequate knowledge of the terminology of tests ordered in the laboratory.
3. Demonstrates good communication skills and telephone etiquette in greeting patient and visitors in a polite and friendly manner.
4. Demonstrates proper phlebotomy technique and the use of equipment in collecting specimens from newborns to geriatric patients in safe manner.
5. Disperses received specimens to correct departments.
6. Completes any draws generated 15-minutes prior to shift change.
7. Keeps the phlebotomy room, office area, and storage room well organized and neat at all times. Keeps paperwork and reports out of access to visitors and patients.
8. Accurately enters specimen information into computer. Medical record number, name, date and time must be verified with requisition with less than 2 date errors per year. No medical record number or name errors.
9. Ensures pending lists are periodically reviewed throughout the shift, at the end of the shift, and endorsement to the next shift is communicated.
10. Recognizes problems with specimens, attempts to correct problem and notifies appropriate personnel and supervisor. Documents process.
11. Actively participates in the training and orientation of new employees and other employees learning new duties.
12. Completes blood draws in a timely manner, routine - within 6 minutes, difficult cases - within 15 minutes, routine capillary punctures - within 10 minutes.
* High School Diploma or equivalent and a year of previous experience preferred.
* Must be able to exhibit ability to collect samples from every age group with skill.
* Basic computer skills and communication ability needed.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.