Sr Shipping & Receiving Team Lead at Pelican Products
Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota
The Senior Shipping and Receiving Lead plans, assigns, and executes the work of shipping and receiving and the preparation and processing of orders for shipment to vendors and customers. Trains shipping and receiving employees in company policies and procedures, safety guidelines, forklift safety, export guidelines, and general shipping operations. Completes required documentation and schedules transportation for International and Domestic shipments. Coordinates inbound and outbound shipments with Sales, Marketing, Purchasing, and Production. Controls shipping terms in SAP Master Data. Supports shipping quotations and assists with logistics contracts.
What You'll Do:
* Prepares and processes orders for shipment to/from customers and vendors including Bill of Lading, Commercial Invoice, NAFTA Certificate of Origin and all other customer specific documents.
* Plans and organizes the daily logistics activities of the department, including the status and location of materials, to ensure that work is completed based on shipping needs and requirements.
* Coordinates all SAP shipping drops and manages all outbound orders for inter-company, customer and non-customer shipments for the site.
* Tracks all shipments and reports key predictive indicators on a regular basis.
* Identifies and manages cost down and cost control for shipping and receiving.
* Communicates regular progress; addresses shipping and receiving issues proactively and timely to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Communicates with external warehouse and transportation vendors, providing direction and guidance relating to operational requirements and priorities.
* Schedules transportation for shipments with transportation companies.
* Manages the receiving and put-away function of all items received. This includes checking quantities against Purchase Orders and posting goods into the ERP system.
* Trains employees as required in the proper methods of pulling, packing, shipping, and inventory control.
* Trains employees in company policies and procedures, safety guidelines, and general shipping operations using standard operating procedures (SOPs) as guidelines.
* Builds and maintains cross training plans for team members to ensure a strong team culture.
What You'll Need:
* In-depth knowledge of shipping, warehouse, traffic and transportation procedures, and standard operating procedures for the Shipping Department with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
* Experience with international export shipment preparation and processing.
* Must have in-depth knowledge of incoterms and HTS codes.
* Must have coaching experience to train others by writing and maintaining SOP's.
* Must have ability to work well with others, organize, lead and communicate as a member of a team.
* Must have ability to carry out company policies, work, and safety instructions.
* Must have good written, math, and oral communication skills in English.
* Must have basic knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
* Must have the knowledge and ability to operate UPS and FedEx shipping systems.
* Must be certified to drive all forklifts and other material moving equipment utilized by the Shipping Department.
Bonus Points For:
* 2-year or 4-year degree.
* Expertise in functional use of SAP.
* Expertise with Lean and/or Six Sigma.
* Multiple continent logistics coordination.
* Familiarity with ISO 9001 and other cGMP procedures.
Why Join Pelican BioThermal? Here's a glimpse of Pelican Perks…
* Generous paid time off plans.
* 401k plan - with a competitive match.
* Tuition Assistance Program.
* Established reputable brand offering premium products - you'll be proud to represent Pelican!
* Employee discount program on Pelican Products.
* Great Benefits - several options including Pet insurance for our animal lovers.
* Wellness Discount Program.
* Lucrative employee referral program - get paid to work with your trusted network.
* And more…
ABOUT PELICAN BIOTHERMAL:
Pelican BioThermal is a global leader in providing the life sciences industry with the most comprehensive suite of patented and award winning thermal protection packaging solutions for the safe transport of pharmaceuticals, clinical trials, diagnostics, tissue, vaccines and blood supplies. Our specialized design, engineering and lab testing services ensure clients are fitted with cold chain performance solutions that best fit their purpose. And Pelican BioThermal's Credo ProEnvision track-and-trace software, which allows clients to monitor temperature controlled packaging inventories throughout the entire end-to-end distribution cycle, ensures clients meet increasing global regulatory demands, manage challenging shipping lanes and unforeseen delays while reliably and confidently tracking critical, high-value payloads around the world.
Pelican BioThermal is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.