Senior Account Executive - West Coast at Pelican Products
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Diego, California
We Build Careers As Strong As Our Products
Pelican BioThermal is a global leader in providing the life sciences industry with the most comprehensive suite of patented and award winning thermal protection packaging solutions for the safe transport of pharmaceuticals, clinical trials, diagnostics, tissue, vaccines and blood supplies. Our specialized design, engineering and lab testing services ensure clients are fitted with cold chain performance solutions that best fit their purpose. And Pelican BioThermal's Credo ProEnvision track-and-trace software, which allows clients to monitor temperature controlled packaging inventories throughout the entire end-to-end distribution cycle, ensures clients meet increasing global regulatory demands, manage challenging shipping lanes and unforeseen delays while reliably and confidently tracking critical, high-value payloads around the world.
Pelican BioThermal has seen phenomenal growth in recent years and 2018 is expected to bring continued success and rapid growth as we expand our service offerings around the globe. We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Account Executive to successfully lead the attainment of revenue objectives and client acquisition/satisfaction in our West Coast sale territory located near San Diego, CA. This position is responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close of sale. The Senior Account Executive develops and implements agreed upon Territory Business Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base and growing revenue, including achieving assigned revenue targets in the this territory. This position will be responsible for working with the sales, operations and engineering support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with the company's vision and values. The Senior Account Executive is responsible for professionally representing Pelican BioThermal in all client and prospect interactions.
Pelican provides a very competitive compensation and benefits package with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Get in on the ground floor with Pelican during these very exciting times of rapid growth, new products and new markets! Specifics of the position and qualifications are listed below:
Primary duties and responsibilities
* Plan and prioritize sales activities and customer/prospect contacts to achieve business aims, including costs and sales - especially managing personal time and productivity.
* Plan and manage sales portfolio/territory/business according to the agreed market development strategy.
* Set accurate market expectations and maintain high levels of client satisfaction.
* Learn and leverage the use of Pelican BioThermal's sales engagement process and sales call execution model.
* Professionally manage and communicate the sales engagement process from initial lead through close of sale.
* Use customer and prospect contact activity tools and systems, and update with relevant information including the company's forecasting tool.
* Prepare and present professional and accurate company proposals and quotes that thoroughly present the value of our product offerings, leveraging the company's proposal template.
* Collaborate, develop and support a productive team relationship with assigned Inside Account Manager that leads to mutual success.
* Attend trainings to develop relevant product and industry knowledge, sale techniques and skills to ensure goals and objectives are achieved.
* Sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business challenges.
* Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
* Provide strong communication of client requirements and a team approach with sales leadership and the remainder of the company sales and operations team.
* Provide accurate forecasting based on facts associated with the sales engagement process.
* Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of Client Satisfaction and generate, when able, Client Reference Stories.
* Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
* Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values. This includes acting as a liaison to appropriate associations, etc.
* Proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships with all PBT's support departments, including the management team.
* Follows company policies and practices as outlined in Handbook and follow guidelines regarding safety as outline in the AWAIR, and other safety procedures in accordance to the job.
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
* BA/BS Degree or equivalent in a technical field from an accredited University. Post graduate, secondary education is preferred.
* 3-5 years of sales experience in a related industry (i.e. Pharma, Logistics, or Packaging of a technical/complex solution).
* Experience in selling to small as well as large, complex organizations, \\"total solutions\\", comprised of product and supporting services.
* Extensive experience in all aspects of Client Relationship Management (Account Management), and/or \\"Cold Chain Logistics\\".
* Experience in early stage growth companies and growing a market is a plus.
* Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
* Must have excellent analytical, organizational and negotiation skills.
* Must have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
* Must have the ability to engage, inspire, and influence people.
* Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely and professional manner.
* Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
* Must have the ability to complete assignments within the time frame specified by the Manager.
* Must be flexible regarding working hours and overtime. Must be able to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
* Ability to travel up to 25% of time or as necessary to achieve business goals and objectives.
Physical requirements and working conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to execute regular physical activities within the company areas (i.e. standing, walking, and sitting). Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. This position requires prolonged sitting, computer and phone usage, and repetitive movements with hands and wrists.
Pelican BioThermal is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.