Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The employee will work under the supervision of the Principal Investigator and Post-doctoral Fellows to conduct basic research experiments involving cell culture assays, biochemical assays, and rodent experiments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Employees may not perform all duties described, but should have the ability to perform them if necessary.
* Perform histology
* Perform tissue culture
* Perform protein and gene expression analyses
* Perform molecular biology (e.g. cloning, subcloning)
* Manage rodent colonies
* Perform microscopy and image analyses
* Orderings of supplies for basic research laboratory and clinical studies
* Working in concert with Principal Investigator and post-doctoral fellows to implement new research protocols
* Perform literature searched as appropriate
* Maintain careful record of experiments in an electronic laboratory notebook
* Assist PI with preparation for presentation of data in lectures and/or published articles
* All other duties as assigned
* B.S. or B.A.
* Sound independent judgment and competence in research methodologies and application of the scientific method
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Knowledge of molecular biology and biochemistry
* Basic laboratory skills
* Ability to work independently
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Analytical skills and the ability to resolve technical or research problems and issues and to interpret the acceptability of data results
* High degree of computer literacy
* Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize a variety of tasks
* Careful attention to detail
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.