Engineer - Energy System Temporary Contractor at Hyster-Yale Group
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Portland, Oregon
Engineer - Energy Systems Development
Temporary Contract Opportunity
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for a contract engineer for six months in our facility located in the Portland, Oregon area. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the organization and the Energy Systems Product Development team in this CONTRACT role. This position plays an important role in creating, modifying, and implementing designs to address customer needs. This individual interacts with all aspects of the organization, including marketing, manufacturing, procurement, and test, to ensure that we deliver quality forklift trucks. Join our team as we take forklift designs to the next level.
* Design, release, and follow through on new product and sustaining product activities to ensure that the component and/or system outputs meet the quality, reliability, performance, and cost expectations of the customer
* Responsible for component and subsystem design related to energy storage devices such as batteries, controllers, brackets, bus bars, and electrical harnessing.
* Responsibilities include component layout, print generation, and design calculations.
* Ability to convert high level requirements into system and component level requirements
* Learn and design in accordance to regulatory requirements (globally) which affect control and electrical systems for industrial energy storage devices
* Work with component and system suppliers for the development of energy storage components
* BS degree with 1-3 years of experience strongly preferred
* Knowledge of electronic and electrical principles
* Knowledge of mechanical design principles and practices
* Knowledge of ProE, or other 3D CAD software preferred
* Knowledge of basic electrical test equipment such as millimeters preferred
* Experience and Strong interest in energy devices (batteries, fuel cells, motor controllers, DC/DC Converters)
* Experience and interest in industrial equipment (materials handling, automotive, agricultural or similar)
* Hands-On experience with mechanical or electrical systems (materials handling, automotive, agricultural or similar)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.
Engineer - Energy Systems Temporary Contractor
4000 NE Blue Lake Rd