Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Think:Kids is a program in the Department of Psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital and is home to Collaborative Problem Solving (CPS), a revolutionary, evidence-based approach to helping youth with challenging behaviors to succeed. CPS promotes a more accurate and empathic understanding of these youth and provides caregivers with a structure for effectively engaging with them. In addition to providing direct clinical care to patients and families, Think:Kids partners with committed youth-serving organizations to implement CPS across their system. Think:Kids primarily partners with organizations falling into three categories: residential, school, and family-based services.
Think:Kids seeks a high performing Project Manager to manage and oversee CPS implementation projects with partner organizations, with an initial emphasis on a new initiative involving multiple Boston-based schools who will be piloting a brand new implementation model.
Under the direction of the Director and Program Manager, the Project Manager works collaboratively with the Think:Kids team and the staff at partner organizations to design and execute implementation of CPS at partner sites and to ensure the quality of implementation. Implementation includes full readiness assessments, live training, group coaching via video-conference, and ongoing evaluation. As the key point person for implementation, the Project Manager plays a critical role in the relationship between Think:Kids and partner organizations. The Project Manager is responsible for keeping implementation plans on schedule, ensuring data collection and distribution occurs at appropriate intervals, ensuring the quality of implementation is high and troubleshooting implementation challenges when they arise.
Think:Kids believes in practicing what we preach. We infuse CPS in all aspects of program operations. As a representative of Think:Kids, the Project Manager will be expected to learn and incorporate the CPS philosophy and approach into his/her interactions with the schools and internal Think:Kids staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop workflows, processes, and procedures to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness of CPS implementation, with a focus on codifying a scale-able school implementation model
* Build collaborative relationships with leaders and staff at the schools and other organizations implementing CPS
* Provide project management and implementation support to organizations which have committed to implementing CPS, starting with a community of Boston-based schools
* Coordinate readiness assessments for each organization which consist of online surveys and live focus groups
* Learn and understand the unique systems, constraints, and cultures of Think:Kids partner organizations, with an initial focus on schools
* Work with the organization to craft and continuously update a training & coaching plan that will be effective and feasible given its unique needs
* Coordinate with organization leadership and their identified implementation committee to ensure necessary time and resources have been allocated to execute the implementation plan
* Facilitate the development of a detailed data collection plan, leveraging the existing data collection systems and the Think:Kids data collection mechanisms
* Regularly gather feedback and data from CPS Trainers & Coaches, partner organization leadership, and implementation committee to inform the ongoing implementation process
* Participate in partner organizations implementation committee meetings to assess implementation progress, utilizing data to drive rapid-cycle process improvement
* Track and update project plans, work with coordinator to ensure contracting and invoicing processes are on target
* Communicate proactively and effectively with various stakeholders, getting the right peoples input and buy-in at appropriate points in time
* Prepares and distribute reports and other deliverables to key stakeholders
* Collaborate with the research and evaluation team to design, create, implement and manage performance tracking systems.
* Performs all other duties or special projects that are appropriate to this level of position.
* Bachelors degree required, graduate degree preferred
* 3-5 years of project management experience, experience in education sector preferred
* Strong project management skills
* Skill with spreadsheets, project management tools, and databases is needed. Must be thoroughly familiar with MS Office.
* Must be analytical and organized, able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
* Strong attention to detail and deadlines
* Strong proactive problem solving skills
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Excellent interpersonal/communications skills.
* Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of an organization.
* Ability to hear others concerns and collaborate to develop solutions.
* Ability to support and foster communication across multi-disciplinary teams
* Ability to anticipate issues and to problem-solve by being collaborative, proactive, and resourceful
* Ability to understand and focus on desired outcomes and be willing to be flexible in navigating ways to achieve the outcomes
* Excellent customer service and the ability to work successfully with geographically spread teams.
* Exceptional organizational skills and the flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures.
* Exceptional computer skills (including word processing, database, electronic mail, internet, presentations, and spreadsheets) required.
* Effective analytical skills.
* Ability to work and make decisions independently.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.