Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Billings, Montana
The Behavioral Health Counselor will be able to provide a broad spectrum of therapy services ranging from brief EAP-like models of intervention lasting three sessions or so, to long-term psychotherapy with, as appropriate, adolescents, adults, children, couples and/or families. Depending on background, discipline and experience, additional duties may also include conducting psychological assessments, broader consultations, behavioral intervention, team building, case management/care coordination, and crisis intervention. The successful applicant needs to have sound diagnostic skills with a wide variety of psychopathology (DSM-5, ICD-10), and the ability to conceptualize appropriate treatment that is based on the diagnostic conceptualization rendered. Both must be conveyed through clear and timely supportive documentation that allows billing processes to move forward expeditiously.
As part of the Behavioral Health staff, job duties include providing after-hours emergency coverage on a rotating basis that includes additional remuneration. Fulfill other BHA responsibilities as indicated and assigned. Adhere to professional ethics standards as mandated by the disciplines national association and the appropriate state licensing board. SCL Health is especially interested in applicants who have a history of being able to demonstrate sound clinical skills, interpersonal flexibility and the ability to be part a contributing member of a larger team-oriented department.
* Provides comprehensive intake examinations and behavioral health assessments, and determines accurate DSM-5/ICD-10 diagnoses based on clinical information.
* Provides behavioral health services to individuals, couples, families and groups, using a variety of treatment approaches and tools.
* Makes appropriate referrals for patients needing services outside the scope of the specialty clinic.
* Maintains complete and timely clinical records on all clients.
* Provides consultation to other staff members as requested and participates in staffing of cases.
* Provides consultation and education services to individuals, agencies, institutions and groups as assigned.
* May perform emergency services both during and after normal work hours as needed on a rotating basis.
* Participates in staff training and attends staff meetings.
* Will be responsible for the review of client files to assess dangerousness and violence evaluation of family violence referrals.
* Will be responsible for providing treatment in both group and one on one sessions regarding behavioral health issues.
* Will be responsible for making referrals to a variety of social services and medical resources as needed.
* Shall be available as requested for public relations duties necessary to educate the public regarding services provided.
* Participation in the screening process of new referrals to the department as needed.
* Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
* Masters degree in Social Work or related field
* Current LCSW
* Current BLS certification or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
Minimum of 5 years post licensure experience preferred
Qualifications MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities