Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Preston, Washington
This Insights Consultant role is dedicated to our sparkling beverage client Talking Rain, based east of downtown Seattle. This is the sole on-site IRI resource and will have a high level of influence at the C-level and will also interact with company owners. We are seeking an experienced CPG industry professional (either manufacturer or data supplier side) with strong experience in POS data, with particularly strong experience in household panel data. Candidates must be very self-directed, with strong client-relationship management skills; a high level of analytic and overall business acumen; and the ability to work with diverse groups within the organization such as Innovation, Brand Marketing and Category Management and senior leadership.
What will I do as a Client Insights Consultant*
As innovators in Big Data starting with POS, IRI is looking for passionate client advocates with strong analytic skills to advance solutions that best build the client's strategic vision. Collaborate with our clients and internal teams to maximize and apply insights gleaned from IRI data including store data analysis, household purchase behavior analysis, surveys, audits, data modeling, in-market testing, and other custom projects. Advocate for your client and create/close new opportunities with them. Do you measure your success by identifying opportunities to expand or extend projects* Can you build rapport to provide exceptional service and insights in a fast-paced environment* Can you meet and exceed revenue targets* Then this position is for you. Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
What are the responsibilities of a Client Insights Consultant*
To be successful as a Client Insights Consultant you must possess and be able to execute upon four key skill sets:
Advanced Analytic Skills: Demonstrate ability to analyze and interpret data and translate it into meaningful solutions for clients:
- Approach client with coherent, actionable and fact-based data/recommendations appropriate to their business needs
- Continually provide analytical solutions and business insights to address any business gaps and/or opportunities and create value for the client
- Identify business issues and opportunities and suggests the appropriate level analytic solution/approach
Consultative Selling: Apply knowledge of the business, industry and domain to identify, create and close business opportunities:
- Target and sell services that address unexpressed and underlying client needs; ask questions so as to identify the root causes of issues versus symptoms
- Ask questions to test assumptions and challenges the status quo
- Synthesize information on a variety of issues; translate the information into a project framework that ultimately provides solutions for clients
Impactful Presence: Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills; present a professional image:
- Become trusted by client, IRI client solutions teams, IRI cross functional organizations, IRI business partners and considered a domain expert and
- Educate the client on analytic methods, shape their thinking and influence the decisions they make
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to communication; adapt messages quickly to the appropriate level or function with poise and polish
- C-level presence
Client Focus: Consistently act with client satisfaction in mind and follow through on commitments to ensure the needs of the client are met:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and requirements
- Help customers identify solutions to problems they did not know they had
- Regularly and proactively communicate with the client-facing teams, including soliciting feedback to continually improving the relationship
-Track and organize multiple work streams against multiple clients, and manage time and resources against changing priorities
What are the qualifications for Client Insights Consultant*
- 6+ progressive years of experience in marketing and sales with a premier Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) or marketing analytics company
- Demonstrated expertise in translating data and analysis into relevant implications
- Ability to build a rapid rapport across functions
- Experience with IRI or other syndicated data solutions
- Proven ability to consult with clients to influence thinking
- Bachelor s degree required; advanced degree a plus
As one of the original innovators in Big Data, IRI integrates the world s largest set of otherwise disconnected purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data to help CPG, retail, over-the-counter health care and media companies grow their businesses. We combine this data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer insights and integrate them on the most technologically-advanced, cloud-based visualization platform. Learn more about us here and on YouTube.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package (health, paid time off, 401(k), etc.) with additional unconventional offerings such as volunteer time off, flexible work arrangements, virtual doctor access, etc., along with the unrivaled benefit of working with our people - the best in the business.
We re thrilled we get to work on the most interesting business challenges facing the CPG and retail industries. We regularly uncover new aha moments! by closely collaborating with our colleagues and developing competencies centered around the following values: Collaboration, Personal development, Executional excellence, Client growth, Innovation and creativity.