Manager, UX Design at Monster Worldwide
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Weston, Massachusetts
The Monster UX Group at Monster Worldwide designs & develops both the user experience of our products, as well as, the creative collateral and digital media supporting the Monster brand. We collaborate closely with counterparts in engineering, product marketing, business and product management to create valuable, usable, and elegant products that our customers are delighted to use.
The User Experience Manager of our creative services team, for this position specifically, is responsible for providing management, hands-on design, strategy, project planning and creative direction supporting the Monster brand. The person in this role will be guiding/mentoring UX and creative practitioners as they create user experiences and design collateral (on and offline) for our customer communications, events and marketing focused web solutions. This responsibility entails developing, and retaining talented people; maintaining and communicating clear roles and responsibilities for employees; establishing/enhancing existing practices that increase the productivity of the team and the quality of the products; working effectively with other departments in providing the necessary processes and tools to remove organizational barriers; and assisting in budgeting and resource planning.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager/Director of UX & Creative
* Drive strategic vision to design efforts that focus on delivering user experiences
* Provide guidance to user experience design teams
* Collaborate with the rest of the UX/Creative Leadership team to grow the UX practice.
* Partner with key stakeholders
* Develop the team to their full potential through training, coaching, and feedback. Continually improve the training material and feedback for new employees in order to ensure a successful transition to the team.
* Continually improve the productivity of the team and quality of the products by evaluating and refining the team's roles, responsibilities, tools, processes, and practices. Establish goals for the team. Identify and remove any bottlenecks or barriers for the team.
* Assist in the resource planning and budgeting for the team and products.
Experience and Skills:
* 5+ years experience successfully managing and applying a human-centered design approach to product development in both print and online media.
* 2 + years experience in a leadership role mentoring and facilitating skills in other designers or user researchers
* Strong, analytical problem solving, decision-making, and leadership skills
* Experience designing with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills
* Strong understanding of product brand awareness & brand design
* Proven ability to understand highly complex products but still deliver simple support collateral, clear messaging and easy to use digital communications.
Is relocation available*
Monster is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation with respect to Monster s services, please contact Monster at 1-800-MONSTER (1-800-666-7837).
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V