Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
SGT, in support of the Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, is seeking an experienced Business Analyst. The qualified candidate will need to independently accomplish a variety of analysis tasks on behalf of various Volpe customers. Business analysis assignments will include business process reengineering (BPR), requirements elicitation and management, stakeholder analyses, and solution development and delivery. Previous experience with the Federal acquisition process, safety management systems and risk mitigation, and architectural models is highly desirable.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of professionals in a fast-paced environment where they will be a key player with technical development responsibilities. A candidate for this position will be a self-starter who values their work and that of their team members. Candidate must be clearable for position of Public Trust.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
* Investigate and define the problem and the information to be processed, proposes system alternative solutions, and develops system requirements.
* Provide expertise in data and business process research and analysis, in conducting research/evaluations/studies as required, and in analyzing the results of the process to develop recommendations/solutions for transportation systems
* Elicitation of business needs and requirements using a range of techniques, including JAD sessions, user stories, storyboards, use cases, and process modeling; analyze and document client's complex business requirements and processes; communicate these requirements to appropriate parties
* Work closely with software engineers and others to coordinate the analysis, design, and implementation of information systems to meet user needs.
* Provide technical direction for software development tasks, including reviewing work products for correctness and adherence to the design concept and to user standards.
* Has knowledge of and is able to apply Federal standards and other guidelines related to the development of secure systems and Section 508 compliant systems.
* Performs preparation, production, and configuration management of formal IT documentation, including paper and electronic documents, on-line help systems, and web-based documents.
* Provide expertise in the design, development, format, and preparation of a wide variety of IT documentation, including user guides, documentation guidelines, and IT documents
* 5+ years of related experience
* 3+ years of Business Process Reengineering (BPR) experience
* Bachelor's degree in business administration, information systems, or related field preferred
* Understanding of customer mission, strategic goals
* Experience working with various functional groups within an organization
* Experience of working in an Agile project enviironment
* Experience with structured analysis techniques; analysis and design of system applications for various architectures (simple to complex); system application prototyping; operating systems and hardware interfaces; database structures, location, and data elements; and/or system benchmarking and performance evaluation.
* Strong interpersonal skills to interact with stakeholders: sponsors, customers, end users, and trainers, as well as project technical staff.
* Superior writing skills
* Good communicator and adept at presenting to small audiences of 10-20 people
* Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
* Seasoned project management professional, with experience managing both plan driven and change driven project methods.
* Experience with the full suite of MS Office tools, including Visio
* Experience with automated development support tools, such as Jira, Confluence and other collaboration tools.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the SGT is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. SGT hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. SGT believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables them to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.