Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Portland, Maine
Payroll Specialist II- Multi-State Payroll Processing
Duration: 18 months + extension, possibility of perm conversion
Location: Portland ME, Flexible Remote Days
CANDIDATE PROFILE DETAILS:
* Degree/Certifications Required:Years of experience: 5-7 years
* Reason for request/why opened: FTE on team is retiring, need to fill gap in knowledge of payroll processing on team
* Personality Style/Team Culture: 15+ people, mostly in ME. Great team, great working environment
* Selling Points of Position: highly impactful role with high visibility.
* How will performance be measured: based on work completed
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for a base of over 4,000 employees comprising of MLO, Wealth, Credit Risk.
* Process severance, expats and adjustments.
* Payroll Representative in the Monthly Compliance Regulation meetings
* Assists with system testing.
* Assist with end of year tax process/checklist for Payroll dept.
* Role consists of auditing and analysis
* Will assist with ad-hoc requests for other projects - data validation, analysis, testing
* Fit is key for this role as current team is coherent and works well together
* Must have proven analytical experience
* Proficient with Excel and Microsoft suite
* Familiar with Payroll year end process
* Familiar with multi-State taxes
* Ability to multi-task
* Must be able to work both independently and within a team structure, in a professional environment.
1.) Strong, experienced payroll processing resource needed to support incumbent PR staff in BAU. In-house, multistate payroll experience required (PeopleSoft and/or Workday a plus)
2.) Payroll background and experience, approx. 5-7 years
3.)Combination of the following: Experience with expatriate pay processing, garnishments, severance and award payments.
4.) Computer skills- excel skills (v look-up, filters, pivot tables), Microsoft suite
NICE TO HAVE:
1.) banking/Fi experience
2.) In-house payroll experience using PeopleSoft is ideal but not required.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the Company ) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.