LPN at Resources For Human Development
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Requisition Number: PA048-LPN-H-03-2018-01
Job Title: LPN
Minimum Degree Required: A - High School/GED
Minimum Years of Experience: 4
Salary Range: $25.00/hr
Haldeman-Grant is a residential program that provides the services needed for an individual to maintain independence in the community around them. Haldeman-Grant support s individuals who are Aging In Place and require support, medically, mentally, emotionally, and socially. Haldeman-Grant fosters a nurturing atmosphere of trust, support, independence, and safety. It is a program that facilitates growth by building trust between the staff and the program participants. Support services, at Haldeman-Grant, are person-centered and bi-lateral with an equal exchange between the participant and staff. The focus remains wellness and recovery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop, implement, and monitor medical and psychiatric systems within Haldeman~Grant that are effective, efficient, and consistent with program participant rights and program values.
* Complete initial, on-going, and discharge nursing assessments, as it relates to participant s medical/mental health and ability to self-manage medication, including administration. Alert staff and Unit Director of any physical/psychiatric needs that the program participant may present.
* Manage participant s medical insurance coverage and problem solving medical coverage concerns, i.e., unresolved payments, prior authorizations, medical transportation, etc.
* Connect Program Participant s to medical providers, e.g., primary care physician, psychiatrist, optometrist, dentist and medical specialist.
* Collaborate and maintain working relationships with medical providers.
* Coordinate timely scheduling of program participant s medical and psychiatric appointments, and work collaboratively with team to ensure the dissemination of medical/psychiatric appointments information and appointment follow-up.
* Collaborate with medical providers and pharmacy to ensure that all prescribed medications are available to program participants at all time.
* Evaluate basic medical needs and dispense medications/treatments, as needed.
* Review and make prescribed adjustments to MAR when necessary.
* Provide educational and medical supervision to staff and participants regarding health care and wellness goals.
* Engage participants through face-to-face and over-the-phone interactions to assess overall medical/mental health status and respond accordingly to any change in status. Document all interactions with participants, staff meetings and supervision.
* Act as a liaison with health care community organizations and resources, while empowering participants to be their own liaison and advocate.
* Facilitate in-the-moment training to Haldeman~Grant staff regarding medication management and administration, psychopharmacology and medical/mental health emergency policy and procedures.
* Perform on-going filing and chart audits to ensure that staff documentation is accurately reflecting the progress towards identified medical/mental health goals and all appointments are being scheduled, attended, and follow-up is provided as per provider s orders/requests, lab work, referral, and specialty appointments.
* Coordinate relationships with medical vendors, including, supplies and transportation providers.
* Manage the ordering of medical supplies, equipment and repairs, as needed.
* Attend team meetings, interdisciplinary meetings, clinical conferences, stake holder meetings, and trainings.
* Coordinate the implementation and maintenance of a holistic, participant-centered , recovery focused milieu and process.
* Provide 24/7 on-call support for program emergencies and consultation.
* All other duties as identified by Program Director.
* High School Diploma/GED
* Licensed Practical Nurse with current license
* Minimal 4 years of related experience, experience in psychiatric care preferred
* Excellent verbal and written communication skill required
* Valid Driver's License
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.