Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
The Material Handling Equipment Tech I will support solutions for difficult problems, occasionally be on call for emergencies, ability to handle multiple projects and daily activities, and meet timelines. They will support plans on how to accomplish departmental and distribution goals with a Safety First mentality.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
* Repairing and making improvements to material handling equipment * Metal and wood fabrications, including welding
* Maintaining and repairing distribution center racking
* Assists Material Handling Technicians repairing and maintaining material handling equipment and maintaining industrial equipment with electro-mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
* Completing preventative maintenance routines, documentation and procedures
* Perform battery changes, and preventive maintenance on batteries
* Ability to do e-mail communication and date entry for database
* Enter downtime data in daily log, complete PM sheets
* Electrical, knowledge of basics components
* Troubleshooting. Ability to ID problems and understand resources, needed to resolve them
* Tracking and storing the departments inventory, including spare parts
* Supporting continuous improvement in department
* Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
* Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds
* Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
* Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
OPERATION SUPPORT & CUSTOMER SERVICE:
* Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
* Flexibility with work hours and days. (7 days a week operation, including holidays)
* Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner. Must be highly self-motivated.
* PC competency, Word & Excel and Windows OS
* At least one year experience with conveyors, understand flow of system, start, stop, and un-jam. Check zones, belt tracking, and oilier, minor repairs, PM's with assistants
* Slam, Print and Apply, able to start system and know key components with basis adjustments. Ability to repair printers adjusts photo eyes and scales
* Box Makers- start and stop load fill and change tape, know key components and make adjustments. Perform PM s and do basic repairs
* Basic knowledge of electrical components and their function in a control system. Compressors, Pneumatics- knows what they do and how to take readings. Able to reset, change out filters, oils and basic compressor experience.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize different projects and work load
* Troubleshooting, able to ID and understand the resources needed to resolve them
* Proven ability to work successfully with little supervision
* Proven ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
JLL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com