HVAC Mechanic - Weekday (2nd Shift) at Jones Lang Lasalle
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Redwood City, California
JLL is seeking an HVAC TECHNICIAN to join our team in Redwood City, California! This position will be with our client, Bristol Meyers Squibb.
This position has a strong focus on maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on all systems. A very high percentage of wrench time is expected. Regular, clear communication is required through multiple mediums including email, text and phone messages. Individuals are expected to demonstrate technical expertise in HVAC maintenance & troubleshooting and be multi-skilled in other areas (pipe fitting/plumbing, electrical) in order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments. The individual in this role must be available for Call-in work and perform other duties as required. Some overtime is to be expected.
* Ensures that all appropriate R&M data (i.e. material costs, contract labor costs, Jones Lang LaSalle effort, etc.) is captured on a work order
* Monitor the operation and make adjustments on refrigeration, heat exchanger, HVAC, electrical, emergency backup systems and hot water systems; monitors operation, adjusts, and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment. Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
* Maintain up to date & complete system documentation in a central resource location, for all repairs or changes to the system
* Performs preventive maintenance on all base building and critical system equipment which includes but not limited to: assembling all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job, performing work with a minimum amount disruption, conducting immediate cleanup of work area, completing the preventive task sheet, returning tools to workshop, and unused supplies to store room, reporting any equipment problems, impending supply or material shortages to the Chief Engineer.
* Install and repairs plumbing/piping/tubing; wire single and three phase motors (under the direction of the Site Electrician); run conduit; pull wiring to machinery, motors, operating parts, etc.; install and rebuild pumps and motors; install and rebuild air compressors; heat exchangers; replace bearings in all types of motors; replace seals on pumps; install and repair piping, valves, filters, hot water systems and associated controls; assist other mechanics and operators with major repairs and maintenance of building and equipment. Installs, repairs, and maintains electrical controls, switching and motor controls.
* Review and analyzing system data (reliability, 1 calls, etc) and developing initial recommendation with Chief Engineer on any maintenance changes, upgrades, replacements, etc.
* Cross train back up, or others, as appropriate to the advanced level
* Maintains tools and orders supplies as required for installation and repairs
* Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials
* Maintains a clean and safe workspace
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Good verbal and written communications skills are required
* Knowledge of OSHA standards and local codes
* Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
* Familiar with computer equipment and programs
* Capable of operating BMS and workorder systems
* Skilled and physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate required equipment, and operate a motor vehicle
* Able to work in close places such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.
* Able to work on roofs of buildings
* Completion of written documentation is required.
* Subject to call 24 hours per day and required to work in all weather conditions
* High school diploma or state equivalent required
* Two years of related trade schooling or equivalent
* Experience - Minimum four years experience working with mechanical systems
* Preferred LICENSES: California C-20, C-38, Boiler and EPA Universal Refrigeration license
*This is a 2nd shift position (1pm - 10pm)*
JLL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com