Sr Manager, Projects Team at Jones Lang Lasalle
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Oak Brook, Illinois
Directs senior level project management services on assigned JLL client projects/regions/practices, providing superior client service.
* Develop and execute project specific and client driven goals, schedules, budgets, strategy and detailed assumptions with methodology for accomplishing and/or managing goals and objectives.
* Establish and maintain project goals and success criteria that meet both JLL and Client needs.
* Build and maintain rapport with client representatives and ensure that the scopes of project and outside business forces affecting the project is fully understood and that specific deliverables are fully understood with performance standards and other relevant criteria.
* Coordinate any necessary due diligence efforts on behalf of the internal team, project partners, clients and/or end users, maintaining and delivering all appropriate documentation.
* Develop a detailed project budget based on historical and market data and clearly defined set of budget assumptions.
* Act as the primary senior level contact with the client throughout the duration of the project.
* Guide the client and team through the design implementation process including conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documentation and signoff.
* Develop and maintain Master Project Schedules and manage the successful execution of projects so that completion falls within intended time-frames.
* Prepare various RFP s needed for vendor and contractor services as well as manage the contractor, vendor selection process.
* Develop procedures for distribution, receipt, opening, levelling and award of projects and services.
* Facilitate initiation of all critical project meetings and coordination exercises with internal staff, key stakeholders and external users to ensure responsibilities are efficiently, accurately and effectively communicated and understood by all concerned.
* Manage project performance against schedules, scheduled milestones and critical path items on multiple projects.
* Manage vendor and project team performance to ensure compliance with contractual requirements, all regulating entities and client expectations.
Growth of the Company
* Identify, manage and mitigate areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.) to Management Committee and Region Manager.
* Contribute where needed and/or requested by JLL Management Committee, Region Manager or Market Lead in the refinement of best practices of standards of excellence for the business unit and JLL overall.
* Assist in training and developing Jones Lang LaSalle team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for a successful project implementation.
* Insure that Team Lead is fully and accurately informed of all project, internal and client issues affecting the perception of the local, national and global reputation of the firm.
* Assist Local PDS Team in meeting AGM numbers on a Regional and National level as determined on a yearly basis by the Management Executive Committee.
* Directly responsible for enhancing team revenues through the maintenance and expansion of existing client relationships and by developing new relationships. Functions as a subject matter expert for a specific product or service. Able to communicate all available products and service offerings of the Firm. Contributes to the development of new product and service delivery ideas for the business unit.
* Ensure that all accounts receivables are maintained at a level not to exceed planned working capital charge as set by corporate finance, the project team and/or the Regional Operations Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution required
* Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management preferred.
Years of Relevant Experience
* 2-5 years as PM or similar role.
Skills & Knowledge
* Ability to regularly communicate analyzed data to client and team to achieve project goals
* Strong working knowledge of architectural drawings and furniture and space planning concepts.
* Highly organized with strong analytical skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients as well as external team members (architects, contractors, client s representatives, etc.).
* Ability to manage all aspects of construction projects effectively and efficiently including, but not limited to budgeting, scheduling, submittals, change orders.
* Fully competent at managing all types/sizes of projects.
* Extensive knowledge of MS Office applications and MS Project.
* Demonstrates skills that enable the individual to successfully execute more complex transactions. May be recognized leader within Firm for his/her area of specialization (i.e. sustainability). Assumes lead role on complex client assignments.
* LEED, AIA, PE, PMP preferred
Physical Work Requirements & Work Conditions
* Position may work primarily at client site or project location with potential daily client and contractor interaction.
* Face to face and/or remote daily interpersonal interaction is usually required in order to perform the job.
* Travel as needed and may range from 0-4 nights per week.
JLL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com