Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New York, New York
Responsible for the operational management and effective daily leadership and administration of the engineering team with the objectives of safely, efficiently, and effectively operating machinery and systems in a cost-effective manner. The Chief Engineer must ensure the highest level of professionalism, while meeting the clients needs, and a commitment to achieving the goal of 100% uptime throughout the engineering team. Responsible for protecting and improving the value of the client s assets and ensuring that building engineering systems continue to perform their intended function. The Chief Engineer will implement and manage the reliability-based maintenance function. The incumbent also executes equipment inspection and monitoring programs; defines and implements maintenance best practices to improve overall mechanical equipment uptime; and continuously evaluates current maintenance, operations and reliability methods and implements changes to enhance effectiveness at increasing value-maximizing performance.
* Monitors operation and maintains refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; reviewing logs as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on an as need basis. Performs preventive tasks when required. Oversees repair and P.M. of HVAC systems; determines frequency of repair and/or P.M. for HVAC systems
* Insures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building. Specific duties include but are not limited to: preparing and submitting purchase orders requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks of inventory levels and equipment conditions.
* Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the building either as representatives of the building itself or tenants operating within the buildings.
* Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building s staff and occupants work in a safe environment. Implement, administer, and manage safety training program.
* Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the building s infrastructure. Responsible for alerting management of building discrepancies.
* Maintain all infrastructure and compliance documentation for the building including up-to-date building drawings and single-lines as well as documentation mandated for the purpose of maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal, State or Local law.
* Supervise and manage engineers and maintenance staff including hiring, training and personal development
* Ensure that the CFWA (Critical Facility Work Authorization) is a well-understood process among the building staff, engineers, tenants and contractors who perform work on the building s critical infrastructure.
Provides training and support aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff. Specific duties include but are not limited to: demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety and troubleshooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance
* Associate Degree in and engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
* 7+ years facility related work experience, including customer service, leadership and supervisory experience
* Managerial experience required.
* Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance processes.
* Understands aspects of construction planning and execution.
* Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation
* Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office and CMMS systems
* Demonstrated verbal/written communication skills
* Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service
* Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC s (or within 90 days of employment)
Operating Engineers license (SMA) or equivalent
JLL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com