Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Reno, Nevada
This position is responsible for functions related to Patient Access for all acute entities across the entire health network for this centralized function. The Manager will ensure all patients have an expedient and appropriate registration and financial clearance process into Renown healthcare services, while ensuring all patients without a payor source are fully screened and assisted with application for government or local assistance or charity application, wherever applicable.
The Manager of Patient Access will provide for a fully trained, compassionate team to register and pre-register for inpatient, outpatient, reoccurring, lab, imaging, same day surgical, inpatient surgical, and the emergency departments. The Manager will also provide for financial counseling and screening services for all patients.. The Manager will ensure the staff has appropriate training and orientation with QA and denial management review to ensure compliance.
The Manager will ensure that all patients are respected and treated fairly in the process of these qualifications. This position is responsible for maintaining departmental standards of excellence as established by Renown and the VP of Revenue Cycle.
Nature and Scope:
The Manager has the overall responsibility, at the system level, for all functions related to Patient Access for the acute entities, including, but not limited to: all patient access sites at Renown Regional Medical Center, Renown South Meadows Medical Center, Renown Rehab Hospital, and other ancillary services as applicable. The Manager must possess knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations and programs available to uninsured patients. The Manager will work closely with the Central Business Office and the Self Pay Business Office to create strategies to ensure timely, expedient processing of these patient groups.
Develops and implements Renown Health departmental procedures, tools and techniques to effectively provide quality registrations that will provide for clean billing while processing patients into the health system while ensuring excellent customer service to all patients. Directs the training and monitoring of registration and financial assistance processes to ensure optimal outcomes against appropriate benchmarks while maximizing point of service cash collections. Manages personnel/subordinate management members assigned to this department. Plans, establishes and revises work assignments as needed. Interviews, selects and recommends hiring of personnel. Resolves employee issues and administers appropriate disciplinary action when needed.
Interfaces with all Revenue Cycle departments to ensure compliance with all applicable policies and procedures. Works closely with the Managed Care Department to preview contract language prior to signing, providing recommendations and revisions as deemed necessary, in addition to implementing new contract requirements. Interfaces with all Revenue Cycle departments to ensure compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
Interacts with Revenue Cycle IT and other IT department s to consistently optimize, evaluate, modify, and maintain information systems for registration, eligibility, financial qualification and authorization to provide peak performance and reporting.
Assists in the development of the budget for the assigned departments, allocating funds within budget limits to accomplish departmental and system objectives and goals. Monitors variances against budget on an on-going basis. Ensures accurate daily/monthly statistical and financial reports are compiled and necessary.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Strong eligibility and government knowledge and skills.
2. Strong customer service skills including payment mechanisms for uninsured patients.
3. Educated in collection policies, customer service and business application software.
5. Possesses the knowledge regarding the importance of self pay patient processing on health system financial impact and accountability for accuracy.
6. Knowledgeable regarding information technology tools for information analysis.
7. Adopts a philosophy consistent with Renown Health's Mission, Vision and Values
8. Ability to analyze and interpret data, locate record keeping and control deficiencies and initiate corrective action.
9. Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to work and communicate effectively with other departmental staff and management.
12. Ability to coordinate the activities of subordinates in order to insure the most proficient cycling of screening, billing and subsequent payment of patient accounts.
13. Oral and written communication abilities to train and supervise personnel.
14. Ability to schedule, meet and maintain daily and monthly routines, assign personnel and maintain integrity of records as it relates to the department orientation, training, QA and annual competency validation process.
15. Accomplished knowledge of hospital billing and collection methods and procedures.
16. Ability to meet deadlines.
17. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
18. Leadership skills to promote individual and team excellence in the department.
19. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
20. Strong organizational skills.
21. Working knowledge of health insurance.
22. Ability to take appropriate disciplinary action within current RENOWN HEALTH HR guidelines, if necessary.
23. Experience in acceptable hiring techniques.
24. Ability to evaluate and respond appropriately to delicate situations.
25. Knowledge of ICD- 9 10, CPT and HCPC coding.
26. Knowledge and commitment to perpetual quality improvement processes and methodology.
27. Financial Management / Budgeting Skills.
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, health care administration or finance required or equivalent experience.
Five years' experience in acute healthcare registration management preferred. Two years of supervisory experience required in one or more of the following areas: registration, financial counseling, or assistance functions.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc. Applicants with EPIC experience will be given preferential consideration.