Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Newtown, Pennsylvania
Arcadis is seeking a detail oriented, well organized, dependable Environmental Engineer with zero to four years of experience and excellent interpersonal skills to join our Newtown, PA office. The position requires strict adherence to health and safety procedures, attention to detail, good work ethic, and a passion for high quality workmanship. Arcadis annual performance-based evaluations provide an opportunity for candidates to advance their career within the Company.
Field activities may include the following:
* Environmental remediation design tasks, including soil and groundwater remedial system and remedial design and assessments
* Field and office support of site investigations involving oversight of environmental drilling and well installation
* Assist with emergency response activities
* Operation and maintenance of ex-situ and in-situ remediation systems
* Soil and groundwater sampling
* Excavation oversight
* Subcontractor oversight
* Communication with State and Federal regulators while they are overseeing field activities
Office responsibilities may include the following:
* Data management (compilation, manipulation, and evaluation of data)
* Assisting with writing and preparing technical reports, work plans, letters, and memoranda
* Preparing cost estimates and proposals
* Coordinating work schedules with subcontractors
* Conducting project related research (historical data, regulations, etc.)
* Preparing periodic status/program reports
* Figure/map/log production
* Utilizing hydraulic-testing software (not a requirement, but would be beneficial)
* Constructing groundwater flow models (not a requirement, but would be beneficial)
While this position requires both field and office work, the candidate should expect to spend 60% to 80% of their time in the field. Candidates must have a good driving record, be willing to work outside in all weather conditions and for extended periods. Field work may be performed at project sites with environmental media (e.g., soil, sediment, groundwater, surface water, etc.) that has been impacted with hazardous substances and/or hazardous wastes. Candidates must also be able to meet the physical demands associated with performing field work, including lifting heavy equipment, working in a standing position for extended periods of time, etc.
Candidates must be proficient with MS Word and MS Excel. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and strong interpersonal communication skills, multi-tasking skills, efficient time management, and the flexibility required to support different project managers concurrently.
* Bachelors in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or engineering degree
* Strong written communication skills.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs+ as part of the field requirement.
Required Driving StatementThis position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
Employer StatementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Why Choose ArcadisArcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business LineNow more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided innovative and sustainable solutions to some of the world s most complex projects. We literally wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting as well. Join us in making a cleaner, safer world a reality.