Training, Development and Performance Leader (Secondary Fiber) at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Manufacturing 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Halsey, Oregon
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Division is seeking a Training, Development and Performance Leader to support the Secondary Fiber Plant at our towel and tissue mill in Halsey, Oregon. This role will collaborate with the leadership team to advance the capability of the operators at the plant. They will drive technician performance through mentorship, performance management, capability development and accountability. This role will also be responsible for the development of technical training material.
The Halsey Mill is located in the Mid-Willamette Valley of Oregon. It is near both the Cascade mountains and the Pacific Ocean coastline providing outstanding outdoor opportunities while also being close to two major universities and cities that present cultural diversity and entertainment. The area and position present a great work/life balance opportunity.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Collaborating with Manufacturing Engineer and Technicians
- Identifying and developing training materials and skill checks to address performance gaps that are attributable to skill
- Developing operating procedures and troubleshooting guides around recycle fiber processing unit operations
- Prioritizing, planning, executing, and tracking training
- Ensuring that Secondary Fiber department employees are compliant with all regulatory and compliance standard requirements regarding training and operating procedures
- Seeking out and developing new and innovative learning technologies to provide more effective capability building methods and techniques
- Providing coaching and effective performance reviews to elevate performance and address performance gaps
- Managing of operating labor costs, pay approval, etc.
- Participating in incident investigations and implementing corrective action plans relating to performance
- Labor agreement administration, executing role in selection and qualification processes
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in fiber processing and/or papermaking manufacturing
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience developing standard operating procedures, troubleshooting guides and/or training materials
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Experience with Chemical Process Safety and/or Process Safety
- Supervisory experience with responsibility for direct reports
- Experience in skill development, capability building and/or verifying competency
- Experience collaborating with all levels within an organization, communicating, mentoring, and coaching
- Experience administering Learning Management Systems (i.e. Convergence)
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf