Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: STUARTS DRAFT, Virginia
The Quality Technician reports to the Quality Manager and ensures that product, processes and materials are in conformance with internal quality standards and customer requirements.
* Provide technical support to Operations with respect to Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) and Gear Measurement Machine (GMM) programming / operation, relative to inspection of gear components and sub-assemblies preferred.
* Support Quality Improvement Teams and as part of the continuous improvement philosophy.
* Must be able to effectively advise Management of product conformance and capability issues and provide fact-based recommendations for improvement and problem resolution.
* Perform calibrations and maintain calibration records, documents and procedures
* Provide support for investigations by collecting and analyzing data, reporting information, follow up on corrective action completion for quality issues
* Perform quality assurance and quality control inspections to verify product conformance
* Create NCRs and evaluate non-conforming materials for deviations from product specifications
* Issue and disposition RMAs for non-conforming product or stock rotations
* Analyze returned material, generate failure analysis reports, and maintain RMA records.
* Generate Certificates of Compliance.
* Conduct internal inspections/audits and report results to the relevant functional groups to ensure quality management system requirements are met
* Issue Corrective Action Requests and Quality Alerts when necessary
* Validate the successful implementation of corrective actions and their closure
* Identifies and escalates any problems and issues to management
* High School Diploma required
* 2-3 years experience in CNC technology and mechanical fields are preferred
* Technical degree in technical fields including Manufacturing, Machine Shop, Hard Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, and Materials Science preferred
* Quality Control / Quality Assurance background highly preferred
* Skilled in the use of inspection tools and measuring equipment.
* Skilled in GD&T with strong mechanical aptitude.
* Works well both independently and as a team player
* Computer literate in both Excel and Word
* Basic math skills
* Good verbal and writing skills
* Good organization skills
* Competitive Salary
* Matching 401(k) contribution
* Discretionary Personal Reimbursement Account
* Medical Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Short-Term Disability Insurance
* Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
* Educational Reimbursement
* Matching Gift Program
* Paid Vacation
* Paid Holidays
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: FEMALE/SEXUAL ORIENTATION/GENDER IDENTITY/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABLED