Underwriting Assistant I - Home inspection Team at National General Insurance Company
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Williamsville, New York
The Underwriting Assistant is responsible for reviewing home inspection reports completed by inspection vendors. The UA sends recommendation letters to agents and customers when an inspection vendor notes hazards on the property or insurance to value concerns. The UA will work with the Underwriting team to make cancellation and reinstatement decisions. There may be some phone contact with agents and customers to explain inspection decisions and remedies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Review Home Inspections completed by Inspection Vendors
* Work with underwriting team to make decisions about home quality and insurance to value issues.
* Send recommendation letters to agents and/or customers detailing homeowner hazards, remedies, and insurance-to-value concerns.
* Receive phone calls from agents and/or customers with questions about home inspections.
* Occasionally work with home inspection vendors to order, cancel or modify inspection reports.
* Work on special projects related to home inspections and other underwriting needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to handle large volume of files on a daily basis
* Ability to quickly and accurately analyze a risk for UW hazards, conditions and additional exposures
* Ability to learn and work with multiple processing systems
* Team player
* Knowledge of Word
* Ability to learn multiple processing systems
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000. -
Apply Not ready to Apply*